It's been 2 yrs since I BC'ed.

My hair regimen is:

• Every other day co-wash
  • Deep conditioner once a week
  • Protein treatment every other week
  • I bun 5 days a week
  • Trim every 8 months or so

Last edited:
Bump! I've reuploaded my pic for those who missed it. I kept it up only for a few hours last time lol.

I was going to start a new thread but why bother? I've asked this Q so many times & I get good/decent replies but it doesn't solve my problem.

My hair always comes out greasy when I straighten it. Last time I shampooed it, conditioned it, blow-dried it.. and then attempted to straighten it & it still didn't come out straight.

Is it my technique? Or do I need a new hair straightener? :lol:

Your curls look beautiful! And you have a regimen similar to the one that I am trying to get to. Looks like you've done a great job so far.

I forgot her name, but can somebody please tag somebody with similar hair to me? lol. I want to ask her a Q. She classifies herself as a 3B (I think).. and really helped me a lot on my journey. I would say I'm 3b/3c (more 3c)

Does anyone know who I'm talking about?

ETA:

I remembered her name: @wavezncurlz

Hun, can you please help me out? lol. A few posts above I mentioned the problems I have with straightening my hair. Any tips?

Last edited:
Your hair is so pretty and shiny! What do you usually co wash with? Do you use oils or leave ins or does your hair texture come with the shininess?

0live0il, I don't have your texture, but my hair is so fine that it tends toward stringy/ greasy whenever I straighten, so I kinda know what you mean. Are you using leave-in's? What heat protectant do you use? Any serums?

@0live0il, I don't have your texture, but my hair is so fine that it tends toward stringy/ greasy whenever I straighten, so I kinda know what you mean. Are you using leave-in's? What heat protectant do you use? Any serums?

Honey Bee

Thanks for trying to help me lol.

Yes, I use a hair serum just before blow drying and straightening. I don't use a leave-in. Unfortunately I can't remember the brands name. Do you think that might be the problem?

I would say my hair is quite fine, but it appears thicker due to density.

Beautiful hair, but I was wondering what does Olive Oil means in her pictures? hahaha then I realized is your nick xD

@Honey Bee

Thanks for trying to help me lol.

Yes, I use a hair serum just before blow drying and straightening. I don't use a leave-in. Unfortunately I can't remember the brands name. Do you think that might be the problem?

I would say my hair is quite fine, but it appears thicker due to density.

@ 1st bold, no, girl. This is in return for all the laughs you've given me. Thank YOU. :lol:

@ 2nd bold, as I grow put my various damaged areas, I'm seeing the same thing with mine.

Ok, it would be helpful if you knew the name of the serum so I'd know how thick it is. Is it also a heat protectant, or are you just using it so your hair isn't 'naked'? Your hair is silky-textured, right? (I'm guessing from the way it reflects light) I think that's why whatever you use is just sitting on the surface.

I use the Sally's knock-off of the PM Super-Skinny Serum and Oscar Blandi heat protectant spray. It works up to 450 degrees and is, like, invisible on the hair. I love it. I've seen it sold in a set with the dry shampoo. I like it because it's *for* fine hair, so they already know. My hair starts to look dirty within three days, I get a lot of use out of that dry shampoo. :yep:

@ 1st bold, no, girl. This is in return for all the laughs you've given me. Thank YOU. :lol:

@ 2nd bold, as I grow put my various damaged areas, I'm seeing the same thing with mine.

Ok, it would be helpful if you knew the name of the serum so I'd know how thick it is. Is it also a heat protectant, or are you just using it so your hair isn't 'naked'? Your hair is silky-textured, right? (I'm guessing from the way it reflects light) I think that's why whatever you use is just sitting on the surface.

I use the Sally's knock-off of the PM Super-Skinny Serum and Oscar Blandi heat protectant spray. It works up to 450 degrees and is, like, invisible on the hair. I love it. I've seen it sold in a set with the dry shampoo. I like it because it's *for* fine hair, so they already know. My hair starts to look dirty within three days, I get a lot of use out of that dry shampoo. :yep:

:lachen: My pleasure!

I just checked it and it's the John Frieda Frizz Ease Hair Serum. I feel like it too feels 'invisible' on my hair and gives it a nice smooth feeling UNTIL I begin to straighten it :nono: lol.

I really do appreciate your advice (thank you again!) & I'm going to try the serum you've recommended, or a similar one for 'fine' hair. I'm trying my best to avoid the salon :lol: DIY'er all the way! :yep:

BostonMaria - I think we're a similar hairtype. Could you please tell me how you straighten your hair? I have a wedding coming up soon.. I need to fix this problem ASAP :lol:

Does anyone know a youtuber with similar hair to me.. so I can get straightening tips?

I really don't want to go to a salon. I don't trust them & I don't want to fight anybody :look:

Does anyone know a youtuber with similar hair to me.. so I can get straightening tips?

I really don't want to go to a salon. I don't trust them & I don't want to fight anybody :look:

Hey 0live0il you and I have similar hair types. I straighten my hair two ways - an old fashioned rollerset and then flatiron which can take hours to do OR I use my Conair Infiniti Pro hair dryer. It takes 25 minutes to do what rollersets takes 90 minutes to do. Now if your hair doesn't take heat very well then I don't recommend this. I have been using this tool for 6 months and my hair reverts back to curly as soon as I wash it.

If you decide on the Conair tool then I also recommend a good flatiron (I own a CHI) to get that polished look. I wash, deep condition, rinse and then section my hair in 4. I blowdry all sections until its completely dry. Then I flatiron my hair (I only do 2 passes per section). My hair style will last me about 7 days. I make sure to bun at night (I recommend a silk cap) to keep the hair looking good the next day. I do this once or twice a month.

I bought the Conair tool on the Conair website for about $30.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

image-1318460426.jpg

image-3172303087.jpg

Last edited:
Back