My Hair Itchees Like a BI..

ms_kenesha

Okay I got my hair braided last Sunday. I rinsed my hair with water on Mon or Tues and I've been spraying them every other day. 1st day with Surge and oiled my scalp w/ jojoba, 2nd day with African Pride braid spray and jojoba, 3rd day with a braid conditioner and on Wed night my hair was itching like a **** so I put some sea breeze on a cotton swab and swabbed my scalp where it itched, then yesterday my hair was itching so much I thought I would DIE!!! SO I wash my hair/scalp with diluted Paul Mitchell tea tree last night because I could really use the tingle and guess what my hair STILL itches like a ****!!

I'm afraid I'm going to have to take these bad boys out because I MUST be allergic to the hair or something!
mad.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:
Okay I got my hair braided last Sunday. I rinsed my hair with water on Mon or Tues and I've been spraying them every other day. 1st day with Surge and oiled my scalp w/ jojoba, 2nd day with African Pride braid spray and jojoba, 3rd day with a braid conditioner and on Wed night my hair was itching like a **** so I put some sea breeze on a cotton swab and swabbed my scalp where it itched, then yesterday my hair was itching so much I thought I would DIE!!! SO I wash my hair/scalp with diluted Paul Mitchell tea tree last night because I could really use the tingle and guess what my hair STILL itches like a ****!!

I'm afraid I'm going to have to take these bad boys out because I MUST be allergic to the hair or something!
mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ] thats what happened to me with toyokalon hair....it itched, i oiled, it itched more, and i oiled more...then i felt irritation ...and just had to take them out within two weeks of putting them in...and i lost alot of hair , way more than i should have..i was real glad i took them out when i did:)

I'd hate for you to have to take them out, but hey, you may have to. Having your head itch all day is NOT a pleasant experience. That's what would usually happen with me when I did braids with synthetic hair. Have you tried using human hair?

[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:

mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ] thats what happened to me with toyokalon hair....it itched, i oiled, it itched more, and i oiled more...then i felt irritation ...and just had to take them out within two weeks of putting them in...and i lost alot of hair , way more than i should have..i was real glad i took them out when i did:)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes Iris with all this talk about tokaylon being bad for the hair I'm afraid that maybe that's what they used because the shop provided the hair and I don't know what brand it was!
mad.gif
I'm so mad, esp. because I don't have money to waste and I spent $170 to get my hair braided only to feel like I have to turn around and take it out a week later!
frown.gif

You may have to take them out, however I have known of people that use these products..

--pink oil sheen spray (it has a straw-like attatchment so that you can spray it right on the itchy area)

--Sulfur 8 braid spray (supposed to stop the itch)

--ORS anti-itch scalp oil (I think that is what it's called)

--ORS scalp cleanser (can't remember the exact name) it is purple

if anyone could think of any more products then help a sista out..
laugh.gif

Ay, que lastima!

Hope you get get things under control before having to remove them. I have used the Sulfer8 spray and it worked for me. Although, I've never used Toyokalon.

Oh my goodness, I've tried Pink Oil spray and it did nothing for my itchies, and I can't figure out why ORS anti-itch oil is called an oil when it's actually thick like butter. Well, one of their "oils" was.
confused.gif

The more products you keep putting on your scalp, the worst it'll get. Just being honest.
ohwell.gif

I figured out my problem was the braid spray! I have braids too and have made it to the one month mark. The first couple weeks I thought it was the hair I was allergic to. I was all set to take them out then my lovely daughter poured all my braid spray down the sink (she says by accident
perplexed.gif
) so I had to dig into my bag of tricks.

I used surge on my scalp followed by ORS shea butter lotion on my roots (new growth) and of all things World of Curls activator on my braid legnth. Worked like a charm!

Today at work a co worker told me I should have just done a acv rinse on my entire head. She says that acv rinse will help remove chemicals put into synthetic hair. I have never tried this but I have seen posts where it is suggested that acv rinse is done on synthetic hair the night before braiding.

Maybe one of these things will work for you so you can keep your braids.

Funny, I started reading this an my head started itchin..

Anyway, you should just spray the braids/hair not the scalp, maybe to many different kinds of spry on the scalp.

[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:
[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:

mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes Iris with all this talk about tokaylon being bad for the hair I'm afraid that maybe that's what they used because the shop provided the hair and I don't know what brand it was!
mad.gif
I'm so mad, esp. because I don't have money to waste and I spent $170 to get my hair braided only to feel like I have to turn around and take it out a week later!
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Girl if this feels unlike any kind of normal itching for you...take it out!! its not worth it...i know its frustrating, but its not worth the damage it could do....

the only other thing i can think of is if your not used to surge or any of the other products are new...eliminate them and just use a oil you have used before (after cleaing off the other products with sea breeze or a wash/rinse) then see if you get relief...but if it still itches..take them out...its a lesson many of us had to learn...the only difference for me is i did the work and had to take em back out.
ohwell.gif

[ QUOTE ]
melodee said:
Ay, que lastima!

Hope you get get things under control before having to remove them. I have used the Sulfer8 spray and it worked for me. Although, I've never used Toyokalon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I'm going to buy and try the Sulfer 8 spray because I had planned to leave these in for at least a month.

I will also try an ACV rinse, though I hate washing these braids because the ends which are curled stay damp all night and the back of my nightgown & back ends up all damp when I wake up in the morning
ohwell.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:
[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:

mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

mad.gif
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Girl if this feels unlike any kind of normal itching for you...take it out!! its not worth it...i know its frustrating, but its not worth the damage it could do....

the only other thing i can think of is if your not used to surge or any of the other products are new...eliminate them and just use a oil you have used before (after cleaing off the other products with sea breeze or a wash/rinse) then see if you get relief...but if it still itches..take them out...its a lesson many of us had to learn...the only difference for me is i did the work and had to take em back out.
ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the thing it should not still be ithcing because I swabbed my scalp with Seabreeze and washed my scalp/hair w/ the Paul Mitchell Tea Tree! I am sooo pissed
mad.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
ms_kenesha,

is that the first time trying the tokyolan hair?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't know what type of hair they used.
nono.gif

I think I'm going to take them out today, they still itch! I also want to just cut the color out of my hair today, but I don't think I can cut my hair myself
ohwell.gif

It might be the Surge that could be drying your scalp, I have that problem sometime, I wash and then apply Hairobics Hair and Scalp booster(makes your scalp tingle, because of the peppermint oil in it. If you can't get hold of Hairobics where you live use some peppermint oil, just make sure you dilute it with some olive oil, because peppermint oil is strong if you use it by itself. HTH

I hope the ACV rinse works, but from what I've read on the grow afro hair long site, the hair was pre-treated in an vinegar soak. I wonder if you would need more than one rinse?

I hate to see that you spent so much money to have them removed before you planned, but if you're allergic, then rip those things out of your head quickly. If you're allergic, you may have contact dermatitis. You can scratch yourself raw and it will still itch.

I had a contact dermatitis once. First the doctor gave me the diagnosis, then he said this is gonna hurt a little, so I'll numb you. Bend over
shocked.gif
He wasn't lying. The itch was gone, so it was worth the discomfort.

OOOh I know how that feels. I've always had a terrible time with synthetic hair itching the few times I got braids done. I'm sorry this might be too late for you now kenesha but last summer when I had them done I followed Monicurls advice in pre-treating the hair before having it braided (I brought my own hair) and it made it a heck of a lot more comfortable to wear. Here's a link to the thread on Ourhair.com:
http://www.ourhair.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?s=b568b739a5a61bf9adbbf3a5678257f6;act=ST;f=6;t=3;hl=braids

Another thing that helped with itching after the braids were in was diluting that Ion Dandruff Shampoo that you get from Sally's- the shampoo that comes in the brown bottle- just a little bit with a sqirt bottle full of water and squirting on your scalp in between the braids. I let it sit for at least 3 or 4 minutes before rinsing. It was like AAAAAAhhhhhhhh. I had the most comfortable set of braids the last time when I did it that way.

I took them out on Saturday and finished up on Sunday. I just couldn't take it anymore. Thanks for all the advice everyone. Now my scalp is raw, like when I was rubbing my scalp with my fingertips it felt really sore. Hopefully that will go away soon!
smile.gif

Back