My hair is WEIRD! I need rec's, opinions, etc

angellazette

My hair is WEIRD! I need rec\'s, opinions, etc

I'm in the process of transitioning but I've recently noticed something about my relaxed hair. My hair dries really really fast but while it is drying, it starts to curl into spiral curls throughout my hair. Then when it is air dried without being touched (it's just hanging there), my hair frizzes up really bad.

Is this damage? Does anyone else have relaxed hair that spirals on it's own? I don't know my hair type so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Any product recommendations for the frizz?

I'm going to buy Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter for my new growth...
trampoline.gif

Re: My hair is WEIRD! I need rec\'s, opinions, etc

I have that problem. I had been pressing my hair for a while and got a full relaxer last month. Before the relaxer I had a hard time getting my ends straight. After the relaxer, my ends were left with some curl while the rest was straight. I'm not sure why but I suspect some damage.

My natural hair does that, in dry/wet transition it's pretty soft ringlets, when fully dry- FRIZZ!! I have to really pay attention to what I put on it as it's drying, the more product I put on, the worse it gets. I've been having satisfactory results with Johnson's Kids strawberry leave-in (don't know what the actual name is), and Elasta QP clear gel (if I want to dry curly). Nothing else until after it's dry, whether it be drying in a pony, in twists, or blow-drying. My hair has taken a super-soft change when I stopped overdosing my hair with product and kept it simple (heck, sometimes I even use baby shampoo). It still could be damage, my hair is double process colored (bleach&color), so you could be right about that being the culprit!

Hey angel. That sounds like me, except my hair doesn't curl much anymore. I wouldn't say it's damaged. Some curly hair tends to look its best while wet or damp, but as it dries, it expands and lifts, and the weight of water isn't pulling it down, therefore it can frizz up. Try putting it in a bun or something while it airdries if you don't want any curlies, or place it in a way that the ends are pinned down, to prevent it from curling up.

frizzy hair usually needs moisture. try moisturizing products and some hair serum. good luck!

Back