My hair is so thick and poufy!!!

shinyblackhair

Hello Ladies:)

Just wondering if there are any tips and/or tricks that us thick-hair puffy gals can use to make are hair less....BIG!! lol...honestly since I swore myself off heat, I'm finding that wearing my hair down is impossible. Do you think roller setting would help make it straighter and lay flatter??? Thanks!

btw...I'm not due for a relaxer by far - I just had one before Christmas I prolly won't be getting another one until mid March or so. My hair grows fast making the textured bumpy part at the top of my head very hard to control...

I would suggest trying to do a roller set. If you cannot do it yourself to get that good "stretched" look, then get one done by a professional. It will help with that poufy look. Have you also tried the pony tail drying method? I use this and curl the ends under with large rollers. My hair comes out with a lot of body when I do this, and it does ome out straight.

/images/graemlins/bouncy.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
shinyblackhair said:
Hello Ladies:)

Just wondering if there are any tips and/or tricks that us thick-hair puffy gals can use to make are hair less....BIG!! lol...honestly since I swore myself off heat, I'm finding that wearing my hair down is impossible. Do you think roller setting would help make it straighter and lay flatter??? Thanks!

btw...I'm not due for a relaxer by far - I just had one before Christmas I prolly won't be getting another one until mid March or so. My hair grows fast making the textured bumpy part at the top of my head very hard to control...

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I had thick hair! /images/graemlins/cry3.gif

2 words for you Leisha "Vitamin B5"

Do a search on the board for it. There has been an extensive debate on the properties and amount to take the past few weeks. I know Tracy has had good results on it.

"sigh", I wish that were my problem too. There so much B5 can do for ya. I'm dealing with a much stronger force ...GENETICS!!! /images/graemlins/nono.gif /images/graemlins/cry3.gif

I second that about vitamin B5(Pantothenic Acid). I've had good results with it in only two months. I take 1000mg capsules at night and my strands feel thicker. It's also helping my skin, which is a plus, because I'm way pass puberty and bumps are not cute... /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Back