*My hair is shedding like CRAZY!! Please H-E-L-P!

Crystalicequeen123

I've now gone about 2 relaxers where I've stretched my newgrowth to about 13-14 weeks. Even my hair dresser is complimenting me on how nice my hair is growing in, and how much thicker my hair is. I have even switched from a regular relaxer to now a mild relaxer that my stylist puts in my hair.

Everything was going just fine UNTILLLL....my last touchup! I had my last touchup mid January, and ever since then my hair has been shedding like CRAZY! I noticed it when I first came home from the salon. Usually my hair doesn't shed the first few days when it's been relaxed since my hair is all one straight texture. But lately, I've just been noticing more hair/strands in my sink when I comb my hair. It's not a whole BUNCH of hair (not like clumps or anything), but I do clean up quite a bit of hair from the sink when I'm combing my hair. Or, I'll put my fingers through my ends and hair will just come out.

I'm most worried because I see long AND short strands of hair. I THINK what may be happening is that my hair is so much stronger now at the roots than at the ends of my hair, so that now the stronger hair is overtaking the weaker, older hair on my head. I noticed the other day while I attempting to do a rollerset (with no success mind you lol*) that my hair is definitely MUCH thicker than it used to be. I can even see the demarcation line where my hair is thicker (about 4 inches long) towards the roots and up and where the older more thin and whispy hair begins. I'm thrilled at the new thickness and healthiness of my hair, but I'm worried that by the time I stretch AGAIN another 14 weeks that I won't have any hair on my head left!

My question: Should I just cut my hair all off to where the healthy part ends? Or, should I just continue to baby my hair? I mean, I usually air dry my hair unless I get it done at the Dominican salon because I can't roller set worth anything. Do you think this airdrying of my hair (hence the curly texture) has been causing breakage in my hair??

I'm so confused....I don't know what to do.

Poohbear said:
R U Taking N E Vitamins???

Yeah, I take GNC Ultranourishair vitamins off and on. I really hate taking those horse pills. LOL* But, when I was taking them regularly, I noticed an increased growth in my hair.

I'm thinking of taking some flax see oil capsules and some biotin vitamins to aid hair growth also.

So, you think my shedding hair may be because of a vitamin deficiency? :-O

I would suggest a protein treatment asap to stop the breaking and possible shedding. You might want to try a lighter protein like Aubery's GPB or Nexxus Keraphix combined with Humectress. Whenever I get a touch up I use Nexxus Emergencee one week prior and one week following a touch up. This always works for me. Also try moisturizing twice a day instead of once a day until this stops.

Hope this helps.

I Would Like To Know This As Well I Stopped Taking My Vitamins And My Hair Was Shedding As Well. Now I'm Back On Them To See If That Was It Besides Eating Two Boiled Eggs Every Morning With My Protein Shakes.:)

Back