My hair is now so soft, shiny and has grown

brandy

I wore braids for the past 5 weeks and took them out today.After a shampoo wash and deep conditioning, my hair turned out so soft, dark and shinny
trampoline.gif
. Usually my hair was very unmanageable without shine no matter what I did. I was considering texturising my hair but not after such wonderful results. I've also witnessed tremendous growth in 5 weeks which I've never experienced before.I began the Bargello's vitamin regimen with some modifications, about 8 to 9 weeks ago. I just can't believe this is my hair and I owe it all to this wonderful haircare forum, and growafrohairlong.com.
rosebud.gif
You ladies have got great hair tips, THANKS A MILLION TIMES
kiss.gif

about how much approx. do you think its grown. Also do you follow the regimen exactly. I kind of do. i dont take that much biotin but i take more msm and flax than her. I dont take evening primrose though.

Dejuan42, it grew approximately 1 inch, and I take 8mg of biotin, but still need to increase my water intake.

oh ok. I agree with you i need to increase my water intake also. I just hate going to the bathroom lol. and its like if i dont sit there and drink all the water down at once im not going to finish it

Way to go, Brandy!! Congrats on the growth. I'm a firm believer that braids + TLC can result in phenomenal growth. I have braids too, and I'm taking them out in about 2 weeks.

Since many women on the board have experienced problems with braids, can you share how you cared for them and especially how you removed them? Your tips might help a lot of people!
smile.gif

Thanks everyone for the nice comments.I'll start taking pictures of my hair soon to create a hair journal.

Kitkat,the braids were the size of a pen, you could make them bigger (the bigger the better). I washed the braids once a week using a braid shampoo and afterwards sprayed a braid strengther/conditioner once to avoid a lot of build up(note build up could cause breakage).Some people leave their braids in for 2 months but I prefer 5 to 6 weeks to be on the safe side. When taking the braids out be extra careful and treat your hair as if it's old thread, in order not to snapp or pull your hair out. I don't let anyone help me take out my braids 'cos some people pull braids out! Also check out this site growafrohairlong.com for more infomation.
smile.gif

Back