My hair is not shedding...eeeekkk?!!

naptrl

Dr. Naptrl :)
Hi! I'm newly natural and am loving this site!! I have type 4 hair, I guess, but it's kinda curly...People constantly ask me if I have a texturizer..Anyway, since the BIG CHOP (August 11 by hairdresser, june 29 by me!!), I have lost very little hair. I would like to think this is good, but I'm worried that my hair is not shedding AT ALL!! Should I be worried or happy that I'm not losing hair. I've lost a total of 10 hairs at the most!! My hair is longer than it was on August 11, and I don't see any breakage...Is this okay? ALSO>>>
I've learned about a lot of products from this site...I do a wash with CON shampoo, ACV rinse, condition with CON conditioner, spritz with surge 14, apply EQP mango butter and a little WGO...Does this sound okay...
Of course, I don't do the shampoo or ACV rinse each time...on regular days, I just start with the CON conditioner..Thanks for the help!!
naptrl

girrrrl, we should all have such "problems!" obviously your hair likes what you're doing for it. so it's thanking you by staying on your head!! WTG!
smile.gif
smile.gif

natural hair does not shed like relaxed hair. it does not come out when you touch it or just fall out on its own. You have to comb or brush it to detangle and get rid of the head that has shed. also, relaxers are not the best thing for you scalp so if you are shedding less that is another factor.

[ QUOTE ]
brittanynic16 said:
natural hair does not shed like relaxed hair. it does not come out when you touch it or just fall out on its own. You have to comb or brush it to detangle and get rid of the head that has shed. also, relaxers are not the best thing for you scalp so if you are shedding less that is another factor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooooohhh...Thanks soo much for that info!! I guess I have to comb it more!! I comb it when I condition my hair, but nothing comes out in the comb. I read that you should use a wide tooth comb, but maybe I should use a smaller one? Otherwise, is the product routine that I posted okay?

I say don't worry about it. Having healthy growing hair is what is important! Keep using your wide-tooth comb. You don't want to FORCE some hair out.

And I'm a big lover of CON, so to me your product routine sounds great.

I agree- I wouldn't worry one bit about it. My hair completely stopped shedding once I went natural too. I also only combed using a wide tooth comb while conditioning. Sounds like natural hair is working out great for you
smile.gif

Oh, thank goodness!! I was worried that I wasn't getting the "100" strands a day. I was afraid that it meant that my follicles were stopped up or my hair wasn't growing or something!! My relaxed hair was very long and thick,and it grew like crazy, but I shed like a dog!! So, I was concerned

Back