My hair is growing so fast, I can't stretch

ritzbitz78

I try using conditioners with slippage (humetress, mane n tail) but i still have a lot of hair coming out on the wide tooth comb when detangling in the shower...

It's been 8 weeks since last relaxer and I have about 1.5 inches of NG when stretched.

I don't know what contributed to the extra growth, but here is what I did different the past 2 months:

red pepper and olive oil mix to scalp all day, the day of washing

1 tablespoon of spirulina in juice/water for the 1st month

Flaxseed oil pills every meal

My hair wasn't breaking or weak before i decided to stretch, so no more stretching for me.

Please share your experiences with growth and stretching.

I try to stretch, but with using the MN/VG for growth, the longest I can stretch is maybe 9-10 weeks.

But when I stretch I have a bunch of shedding!

So I don't know if stretching for that long is a good thing or not.

At this point, I'm just trying to make my hair as healthy as possible in spite of the relaxing and I'm switching from permanent color to henna.

I use red pepper and olive oil also but I leave it in my hair. I put it in every other day and then massage into my scalp.

Hmmm...I get a lot of shedding when I stretch too, but shedding has never bothered me. I just figured it was natural.

Not to jack the thread...but MJ the improvement in your hair (siggy pics) is amazing.:eek: It looks so lush...

...back to your regularly scheduled program:

I'm a napptural head so I don't expeirence this problem...but I didn't have problems streching when I would was my hair once every two weeks and detangle with the hair wet...in the later weeks I just went to an incredible no manip style...I mean nooooo manip...pretty scarf under a cute hat.

Back