My hair is growing but what now?

I'm at that stage.. everyone must know...that one length your hair has always been and never seems to pass that stage...well i'm here now after my beautiful BC a year ago. And now I don't know how to get the ball rolling. I'm still doing all the same things as when i was trying to grow out my BC but I feel stuck...the hair is very healthy but how do i pass this length?

What can I do different to get me to new longer lengths?

Thanks in advance

queenbee8687 said:
I'm at that stage.. everyone must know...that one length your hair has always been and never seems to pass that stage...well i'm here now after my beautiful BC a year ago. And now I don't know how to get the ball rolling. I'm still doing all the same things as when i was trying to grow out my BC but I feel stuck...the hair is very healthy but how do i pass this length?

Thanks in advance
I'm at that same stage, my hair did grow a bit (shoulder length) but my ends were so tangled I had to chop quite a bit off again. So now I'm babying my ends and I'm gonna braid it up for the summer, see if I can obtain more length with this protective style, 'cause wearing my hair out all the time is not the way to go of course.

quick question: What is BC

also to answer your question....I usually baggy and try other peoples protective hairstyles (e.i. the sock bun) after 12 weeks I relax a show off my new length, I find that after i straighten my hair, it doesn't get my real length, so I just stick to baggying and then every now and then I straighten to just update my fotki.

queenbee8687 said:

Thanks in advance

I'm here too. I feel like it's not growing. But it is. I guess a watched kettle doesn't boil right? :ohwell:

Trust me ladies your hair is growing. If it is at that stage where you are wondering if it is growing then you want to go in to PROTECTIVE MODE!

You protect those ENDS at all costs. It is the hair that is the oldest, laziest and most high maintenance IMO.

So fight, baby, protective style, crown and glory do whatever you need and then wait for 90 days or so to do a comparison.

i know what you're feelin. i'm there too:) i was so happy that i got 5 - 5.5 in in year one, and then it seemed like my hair was just stuck there. in my head i know it's growing, but because i want to see progress now, it just seems like it's taking forever. well i'm happy to report that i measured today and my hair is now 5.5-6.0 in! so it is growing! i just need to chill and be patient, and let my hair & my regime do its thing. so back into protective style mode for me. you are definitely not alone:) hth

your hair will grow trust me it feels like it's not growing but it is! I've been there and it's pretty frustrating but baggying is what helped me and just basically ignoring my hair and it growed so just moisturize protect your ends do your deep treatments less manipulation and have patience trust me it will be noticeably longer, happy growing chica:)

I feel the same way. My hair was growing fast then it seemed like it stopped. Times like this is when I really try to hide my hair and wear protective styles so that I will not be so frustrated with slow growth. :ohwell:

Back