My hair is flourishing!!Long overdue, but...

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I had no idea that I would be loving my natural hair this much. I've been a slave to relaxers for over 20 yrs and thought I needed a relaxer to handle my hair. I've been using tips from all of you ladies, and since my BC 1 month ago, my hair has gone from a twa to close to a medium fro. I was barely able to not see my scalp and now I am almost able to flat twist my hair. I've been relaxer free 3 months and I am loving it! I didn't think it was possible for me, but with the education on this site and the encouragement from you all, I know that I can have long, natural hair someday! Thank u all, and keep the natural tips coming!

Ahhh!!!!!!!!!! You have finally been enlighten about natural hair ( No offense to relaxed heads ) !!! Congratulations :yay: on the discovery of being natural..... gurl enjoy your curls.....:woot:

Congrats! IMO, natural hair is easier to take care of than texturized hair. When I was texturized, my front edges/temples were baby fine; now, I have thick and lush edges. Even my husband has noticed that my hairline is 100% thicker.

Natrlchallenge said:
I had no idea that I would be loving my natural hair this much. I've been a slave to relaxers for over 20 yrs and thought I needed a relaxer to handle my hair. I've been using tips from all of you ladies, and since my BC 1 month ago, my hair has gone from a twa to close to a medium fro. I was barely able to not see my scalp and now I am almost able to flat twist my hair. I've been relaxer free 3 months and I am loving it! I didn't think it was possible for me, but with the education on this site and the encouragement from you all, I know that I can have long, natural hair someday! Thank u all, and keep the natural tips coming!

CONGRATS! Girl, I have loved my journey! Somedays I do love it a little less, but I wouldn't want to change it for the world! Congrats again!

Natrlchallenge, This board is Wonderful and I am happy that you are learning to love your natural texture!! WOW!!!

Congrats. I love my natural hair too. It is such a relief to know that my hair can flourish better in it's natural state. In no time you have your desired length of natural hair. Happy growing.

Congrads! Im also a newbie to taking care of natural hair. I am currently trying to get my daughters hair the healthiest I can get it and then on to length . :grin:

Thanks for the encouragement! I got a great tip from a thread on using regular conditioners and not rinsing it out. I tried it last night and had shiny, moisturized curls all day! :eek: This is what I'm talking about, the education on this site is top notch! I used my reg. ORS mayo cond. to do it. Never thought about ever using that as a leave in! :lol: You ladies rock! :notworthy

Yeah, my 1/2 water, 1/2 DDTA mixture has saved my hair many times. I'm glad your not having trouble w/ your hair anymore NC, keep up the good work and stay Nappy Happy :D

Congratulations on loving your natural hair! Our hair is the most versatile yet unrecognised type of hair. Before joining this forum I was under a lot of preconceived notions, there is nothing that negro hair cannot achieve by way of styles, whether short or long and a bit of imagination, you can achieve anything with good hair practice and patience!

Congrats again,
MeechUK

Natrlchallenge said:
Thanks for the encouragement! I got a great tip from a thread on using regular conditioners and not rinsing it out. I tried it last night and had shiny, moisturized curls all day! :eek: This is what I'm talking about, the education on this site is top notch! I used my reg. ORS mayo cond. to do it. Never thought about ever using that as a leave in! :lol: You ladies rock! :notworthy
yep works like a chram...gald you liked the results...but I wouldnt leave the ORS in all the time because of the protein content.

Back