My hair is falling out

NOEChic

I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong.
I think:cry:

The middle of my hair is shorter than the very back and sides of my hair. When I straighten my hair you can see where the middle stops and the very back close to my hair line is long and past my collar:wallbash:

Awwww... *hugs* I'm sorry to hear that.

Are you relaxed or natural?...Did you change your routine?

Awwww... *hugs* I'm sorry to hear that.

Are you relaxed or natural?...Did you change your routine?
im natural and i really did not change it. It has ALWAYS been shorter it just was not as noticeable until the back grew longer and i got a color on it. Im bout to STAY in braids:wallbash

Last edited:
My hair use to fall out all the time also (breaking off and shedding). I did a bunch of things (I'm not sure which one worked) but it stopped.

-I got a deep trim, more like a cut (got about 6 inches taken off between last October and now)

-I took garlic pills (I stopped recently though...)

-I started alternating with a deep conditioner and protein treatment (GPB) every wash

-I used Redken Extreme Anti-Snap as a leave-in after washing

-I only combed my hair when wet

ETA: I was natural when I started implementing these changes. I'm texturized now but my hair doesn't shed as it used to.

Last edited:
Do you wear ponytails on the regular cause it also breaks your hair. But with regular DCs and protein treatments and pampering your hair, it will grow back.

(((((((((hug))))))))) you'll be fine don't worry.

This used to happen to me, but you can fix that and prevent it...My crown is a lot coarser and dryer than the rest of my hair so I know that I have to always do a little more to it...For instance, when i started DC'ing twice a week, i noticed a difference so fast and when i DC, I add a little more to the crown area. Also when i rollerset, I roll the crown looser than the rest. I add a lil more leave-in to that area and always moisturize, moisturize, moisturize; my daily moisturizer has a lot of protein in it because my hair thrives from protein. This has worked for me; It just needs a little more TLC then the rest to prevent breakage...:yep:

HTH

What is your routine? What products are you using? How are you wearing your hair? What are you doing to your hair at night? Do you use a satin pillow or scarf? The answers to these questions will help us with trying to help you.

But so far it sounds like you have breakage and not shedding and like Jerseygurl said ponytails maybe the reason.

This used to happen to me, but you can fix that and prevent it...My crown is a lot coarser and dryer than the rest of my hair so I know that I have to always do a little more to it...For instance, when i started DC'ing twice a week, i noticed a difference so fast and when i DC, I add a little more to the crown area. Also when i rollerset, I roll the crown looser than the rest. I add a lil more leave-in to that area and always moisturize, moisturize, moisturize; my daily moisturizer has a lot of protein in it because my hair thrives from protein. This has worked for me; It just needs a little more TLC then the rest to prevent breakage...:yep:

HTH

This is my hair as well. My crown is a mess, I always get breakage in that area. I have to be very careful with it, I swear if I look at it the wrong way it will break off. I remember a stylist told me when I was around 13 that if it weren't for my crown, I wouldn't NEED a relaxer, lol.:lachen: I agree with everyone else though, just moisturize as much as you can, and have patience. You'll figure out what works for your hair, sometimes it just takes some trial and error.

I used to have the same problem, the middle of my hair is a jungle and it's the thickest part so you have to be sure to pay extra close attention to it. Ask yourselves these questions:

1. How are you drying your hair? If your an air dryer are you twisting or braiding it. If your a natural and you want zero breakage this is the best way to air dry and always be sure to use a proper moisturizer and sealer

2. Do you condition in sections? I find that if I just plop the conditioner on my hair it won't really seap through. I like conditioning in sections and then twisting that section, it takes longer but its totally worth it. I also like to add another layer of conditioner halfway through my conditioning process (if I'm dcing for 1hr after 30min I'll add some more to ea. section.)

3. If your hair is breaking you may need protein, give henna a try :yep: It stops breakage immediately and you can find tons of recipes on lhcf if you use the search feature.

4. Try pre-pooing with a good slip oil (Vatika is good) and detangling before going under the shower

5. BE GENTLE WITH THE HAIR IN THE MIDDLE! Lol :lachen: I know its a paiin in the butt, BUT you will see an imporvement :yep:

ok here are the answers

I wear my hair in a ponytail b/c i am in the military and cant have my hair "all wild"

My crown is wilder and dryer, I try to put more moisturizer in that area, but is SUCKS up all the moisture

my regiment is very simple.
-I was with alma shampoo
-DC will hairveda Strillinah for about and hr
-then i rinse add the hairveda whipped ends and cocosta oil
-in the middle of the week i do a deep conditioner w/ hairveda 24/7 conditioner
-while my hair is in a ponytail, i take some whipped cream and hairveda moisture restorer and spritz my hair and especially my ends, then I tie my hair up with a silk scarf.

I might straighten my hair once a month if that (only for special occaisons), then i leave it in for 1-2 weeks depending on what i am doing that week.

When my hair is straight, I have to wear it in a bun, or twisted up in a clip b/c my hair falls below my collar. When my hair is straight I try not to put a lot of heat on it

I think:cry:

The middle of my hair is shorter than the very back and sides of my hair. When I straighten my hair you can see where the middle stops and the very back close to my hair line is long and past my collar:wallbash:

I have the same problem. It's really a very serious issue. I measured the middle of my hair in September & again now in January. This is the only area in my hair where I'm not retaning length well. I wear my hair down almost every day to avoid tension in that area. I've been giving it lots of TLC, but it hasn't improved - in fact, it seems worse. I never wear ponytails, so that's not it. Stylists always think I do because of the breakage, but I don't.

Yes, it's heart-breaking. I did a drastic cut back in July when I joined LHCF to get rid of all damage. As the rest of my hair gets longer, it's much more noticeable. I'm just praying about it & I am going to co-wash and keep my hair up until it gets warm outside because I am just that frustrated. I'm thinking that if limited heat & no chemicals doesn't help, then I don't know what will! I'm also going to stretch as long as possible and hope for the best. I am also working on improving my diet to see if it's internal.

Good luck, OP, I feel your pain!

thanks y'all, here is a picture of the MESS on my head
0042.jpg

the line is where the hair on my crown STOPS

The breakage is pretty much where the color is. NO MORE COLOR.

Also, on the Crown and Glory website it talks about combing Afro-textured hair. We should comb the front parts FORWARD. We cannot emulate the vigorous front to back combing that Type I hair can tolerate. We do a lot of smoothing and tension to the tops of our hair lots of times and this takes its toll on the coarser outer layer.

Last edited:
The breakage is pretty much where the color is. NO MORE COLOR.

Also, on the Crown and Glory website it talks about combing Afro-textured hair. We should comb the front parts FORWARD. We cannot emulate the vigorous front to back combing that Type I hair can tolerate. We do a lot of smoothing and tension to the tops of our hair lots of times and this takes its toll on the coarser outer layer.
i have color all over my head:wallbash:

Back