My hair is dry even when it's wet!(Have pics)Need some help!

My hair in it's natural state is just like this. I am transitioning back to natural with box braids/crown & glory method and hopefully I won't have this problem this time around.

My hair use to look like that when wet when I use to perm with no-lye I was overprocessed because I use to touch up every 5-6 weeks years ago.

I think this is a really good point. If you were/are using a no-lye relaxer or have hard water than you may have mineral deposits on your hair that need to be removed. ORS Aloe Poo will do that.

But I really think your biggest problems is your cuticles/porosity. Try sealing your hair with a serum. These can help fill in the cuticle gaps and lock the moisture in.

I think this is a really good point. If you were/are using a no-lye relaxer or have hard water than you may have mineral deposits on your hair that need to be removed. ORS Aloe Poo will do that.

But I really think your biggest problems is your cuticles/porosity. Try sealing your hair with a serum. These can help fill in the cuticle gaps and lock the moisture in.

What are some examples of a good serum? I can't remember using any in the past.

I'm not an expert on cones (serums are mostly silicones) but I have used Fantasia IC's serums and I know that a lot of other ladies use them successfully.

Sabino Moisture Block is another popular one but it has to be ordered.

I'm not an expert on cones (serums are mostly silicones) but I have used Fantasia IC's serums and I know that a lot of other ladies use them successfully.

Sabino Moisture Block is another popular one but it has to be ordered.

Thanks! I've seen SMB mentioned a lot, I'll have to look into that. I actually have Fantasia Heat Protector Serum, I guess I didn't really pay attention to the serum part:ohwell:. I just started using it for when I blow dry my hair.

So I used PC today and I think it helped a little. I co-washed w/suave conditioner, then use Silicon Mix and left it on for about 10 minutes(no heat) and followed up with Yes To Carrots moisturizing mud mask(left on for 40 mins under steamer) and finally used PC and left it on for a few minutes and washed out with cool water.

I took a picture after each wash just to see if I can tell a difference. After washing out the suave my hair seemed "wetter" than last week(Pic 1), after the silicon mix(Pic 2) it looked dry again but felt pretty soft(which is weird), after the YTC condish(Pic 3), it seemed "wet" again and a little softer. After the PC(Pic 4), it felt pretty hard/rough but kinda looked the same as with the conditioners, "wetter" than last week.

I think next time I will try mixing it w/ my DC or maybe applying it before my DC and see how that goes. And I still have plans to try a ACV rinse at some point.

I know I shouldn't expect too much for the first time...after all, I hadn't been taking care of my hair for Years, so I know it will take time and a little trial and error to get things right.

Attachments

• sauve2.jpg
    sauve2.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 17
  • silicon1.jpg
    silicon1.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 14
  • ytc2.jpg
    ytc2.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 12
  • pc1.jpg
    pc1.jpg