My hair hates

CurleeDST

What is it that your hair hates? My hair HATES natural oils and butters. It thrives off of silicones and less grease. That is because my scalp is sort of oily like my face but my hair is dry.

Whenever I apply natural oils I do not care if it is a scant portion or dime size it seems to end up down my face as a grease spot! I read somewhere that is because for oily hair and/or skin we are better off with silicone and in my instance I found that to be definitely true!

What does your hair hate.

My hair hates drugstore products (for the most part). DDTA is about the only thing I squeeze in without my hair actin a donkey. It's a shame too b/c I always wanted to play around with Suave M&H etc like the other girls, but I know my hair is NOT havin it.
My hair hates S curl too...I had shedding out the ying yang with S curl...my hair was so mushy. I had to let it go. My hair loves my glycerine mix, but all the "extra" stuff they put in the S curl must have some effect on my hair.
My hair hates the baggie method. I tried it and I just didn't like the way my hair was feelin...maybe I was using the wrong products.
My hair hates being brushed when wet as most heads do. But for some reason, stylists insist on takin a paddle brush or rat tail comb to my head and I'm always ready to fight. I started takin my Jilbere de Paris and tellin them I'd detangle myself.
My scalp hates being greased. It loves oil, but grease gives me dandruff.

I think that's it,lol...

Any product targeted for black hair. It also hates all of those Dominican products, especially Ms Key 10 en 1.This product left my hair feeling like wire and a complete tangled mess! Never again!

- Any products with alot of 'cones.
- Heavy grease
- Going longer than 4 days betweeen washes.
- VO5 conditioners - going back to Suave

Spritzes
Hairsprays
Gels
Most shampoos with sulfates
Cholesterol conditioners (they were the bomb when I was still relaxed, but my natural hair HATES them)
VO5 and Suave products
Heavy grease
LUSTER'S PINK OIL MOISTURIZER
Direct heat
Microbraids
Cornrows
Going more than a few days without a conditioner wash (whenever I'm not wearing extension pixie braids)
Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter

ETA - My hair and scalp absolutely hated the kinky twists I had done a few weeks ago. I was having a really bad reaction to the hair that was used. It caused constant itching that became unbearable and I took them out after only two weeks. The twists were beautiful but my sanity starting skating on thin ice. :lol: I feel so relieved now.

Last edited:
My scalp hates oils, grease or anything else put on it. It itches like crazy after day 2. My hair hates S-curl. it Loves oils and butters. My hair also hates drugstore products/conditioners. It Loves salon quality ultra-moisturizing conditioners.

My hair hates drugstore products except the NTM line.
Underprocessed hair
Too much heat
Any products from the Joico and Biolage line.

Last edited:
My hair HATES blowdrying AND harsh poos. Unless my hair is in the hands of a pro, its bad news in little havana....

My hair hates APHOGEE treatments and deep cond. w/protein. Whenever I need it, I always have to mix with a moisturizing cond. to DC, or just leave on 5 minutes without heat and rinse out completely with hot water. And it HATES waiting longer than 11 weeks for a touch up!
It also hates combing and even finger detangling (But who am I kidding, I hate it too... seeing those little peices of hair in my hand makes me ready to kick somebody's :moon: )

But I figure the breakage will slow down once I get my hair stronger.

Last edited:
Any shampoo or conditioners with Balsam
Luster's Pink Lotion
Too much blowdrying
No-Lye relaxers
hairsprays with drying alcohols
Creme of Nature Shampoo

Last edited:
My scalp hates anything with petroleum, mineral oil, lanolin or beeswax. :down: :down:

My hair isn't quite fond of Suave, V05, NTM, heavy protein conditioners & any styling products with SD Alcohol. :nono: :nono:

Last edited:
My hair hates when I don't cowash and detangle EVERY DAY.
It also hates:

brushes
olive oil
shampoo with sulfates
-cones
direct heat
dry combing
chemicals

relaxers
being brushed when wet
hairspray
non-protien gel
ponytails(MAJOR BREAKAGE)

My hair loves:
grease
water
hair oils
water
eggs
1 vitamin supplement
1 oil caplet
to be pressed every month

My hair hates:

-hardcore protein or regular protein too frequently.
-washing only once a week...the hair is okay if I don't wash more frequently but my scalp feels so dry.
-extensions, braids, sew-ins...it always began to break and/or shed excessively.
-wigs...my hair line itches intensely when I try to wear one.
-coconut milk...makes it dry/strips it.
-honey...makes it dry and stringy no matter what.
-heat except for deep conditioning under a hooded dryer.

My hair hates grease, braids and relaxers. Grease makes my hair feel icky, braids take my hair out no matter how well I take care of them, and relaxers dry my hair out and changes its color.

:::My hair hates:::
- Elasta QP mango butter (left my hair feeling dry)
- S-curl (my hair felt too sticky and nasty)
- The baggie method (alot of shedding)
- Direct heat ( excessive breakage)
- Grease (too heavy and thick on my hair and scalp)

--relaxers
--dry combing
--cones
--protein (especially heavy ones/ cholesterol is okay)
--MTG
--Surge
--Almost every conditioner/shampoo with a lot of sulfates, alcohol, and protein

---going more than a wk without doing a condition wash (more the better)

Last edited:
My hair hates
Airdrying frequently
Braidouts
Cheap Gel
Spritz
S-Curl
Moisturizing Lotions except UBH
Butters

My hair hates:
no heat at all (It requires limited doses of heat)
Luster's pink oil moisturizer
cheap gel
spritz
ponytails
My scalp hates grease but my ends love it.

Back