My hair got chopped off today...help need advice!

RabiaElaine

So I went to the hairdresser today to get a touch up for the first time in 5 months (I've been wearing braids). By the way, I'm in Italy for a semester, so there was a language barrier ofcourse. Anyway she relaxed my hair alright but I asked her to angle the front and cut the back evenly. I even had a picture. Anyway she chopped my hair into layers before I could say anything it was too late. Now my hair wasn't long or anything, but I think it was about to hit my shoulders. And now the longest layers in the back are at the nape of my neck and the front is a little longer than my eyes.
mad.gif
This sucks!! I'm sooooooo upset. Anyway I'm thinking about adding that Viviscal (not sure of the spelling, help), to my regimen cause I here it can triple your hair growth. What do you ladies think I should do? Thanks

Sorry to hear that this has happened. Try to enjoy your new hair cut, grow it back out and don't get any more cuts until you get to the states.

::hugs::

I am so sorry about your hair. This is why I suffered looking like Screech (to use another poster's anology) and a raging toothache while I was in Spain. The language barrier scared me. Though I think it's cool that the relaxer went OK. That's very encouraging
smile.gif
Chemical damage/burns can be even more traumatic than a cut, believe me.

The way you describe your cut doesn't sound ugly at all. I hate layers, too, though. Will you be able to style your hair in a way that would disguise the layers? Just think that this is a temporary setback, and if you follow on your regime, that hair will be back in no time.

OE

Hi RabiaElaine,

Girl, I am so sorry to hear that.
frown.gif
Many of us have been victimized by scissor happy hair dressers. Just know that it will all grow back. Think of this as a new beginning.
smile.gif

It's going to be alright.
wink.gif

Just be patient
smile.gif
. Really, that's all you could do. Anything else like cutting it might make it look worse to you.

Sorry to hear about your hair woes. Can you put it back into braids to get you back to where it was?

{{{RabiaElaine}}}
smile.gif

I'm not sure what I'll do. But I need to get back on a regimen. Anyway have any of you taken the Viviscal vitamins? Do they help?

Back