My hair found a new love and his name is...

jainygirl

Suave Professionals Awapuhi Conditioner /images/graemlins/love.gif Thank you so much for giving this to me at the meeting NGC /images/graemlins/kiss.gif I finally got around to using it on Thursday for my CON Wash. I was like, "this is nice but i'm not feeling sparks or anything." but i tried it on dry hair instead of damp hair this morning and this shyt is BUTTA!!!! I love it /images/graemlins/grin.gif

As soon as i put it in my hair, it's a leave in as well as a regular conditioner, my hair was INSTANTLY moisturized and so soft. You only need a little bit, a little goes a long way because this stuff is rich. I will be stocking up on this before something tragic happens like it gets discontinued or something /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Here's a list of ingredients for those that are interested. -- jainygirl

Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Dimethiconol, Fragrance (Parfum), Quaternium-18, Potassium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Jojoba Oil (Buxus Chinensis), Wheat Germ Oil (Triticum Vulgare), Hair Keratin Amino Acids, Sodium Chloride, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Ethoxydiglycol, Methylisothiazolinone, Glycerin, Sorbitol, Alcohol, White Ginger (Hedychium Coronarium) Extract (Awapuhi), Henna (Lawsonia Inermis) Extract, Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Extract, Algae (Algae) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Barbadensis) Gel (aloe vera), FD&C Red No. 40 (Cl 16035), D&C Yellow No. 10 (Cl 47005).

COOL /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Yeah it is good! and its CHEAP.. I love it for both conditioner washes and as a leave-in.

Are the products that you were using when you were relaxed working? or do you have to search for a new set of products?

[ QUOTE ]
foxybronx said:
Are the products that you were using when you were relaxed working? or do you have to search for a new set of products?

[/ QUOTE ]

None of my old products do what i need them to do for my hair which is keep it moisturized and not add too much build up. I used to use alot of things with cones before and now my hair and cones dont agree at all. The good thing is that little by little i'm finding products which my hair likes. Elasta QP Mango Butter -- Thanks DSD,Soft and Sheen spray which is my mainstay glycerine product -- my hair loves glycerine /images/graemlins/grin.gif and now this Suave which is really good. -- jainygirl

Girl I love some AWAPUHI CONDITIONER, but i use Nature;s Gate Brand. Here are the ingredients. The Awapuhi is more.

Water Extract of Awapuhi (Hawaiian Ginger), Cetyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride*, Extracts of Cherry Bark, Chamomile, Birch, Goldenseal, Calendula, Hops and Horsetail, Glycerin, Silk Amino Acids, Panthenol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolindinyl Urea, Fragrance. (*A Nitrogen Based Conditioner)

This is the shampoo
Water Extract of Awapuhi (Hawaiian Ginger), Sodium Laureth Sulfate*, Cocamide DEA*, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Extracts of Cherry Bark, Chamomile, Birch, Coltsfoot, Goldenseal, Calendula, Hops, Horsetail and Soap Bark, Silk Amino Acids, Panthenol, Glycol Stearate, Citric Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolindinyl Urea, Caramel, Fragrance. (*Derived from Natural Coconut Oil)

I never tried using Suave Awapuhi as a leave in... I'll have to give that a try! I've always liked it for conditioner washes though.
A little off topic but does anybody know what the heck an Awapuhi is??

Here is some more info on awapuhi:

Finally, perhaps the most common use of `awapuhi kuahiwi is as a shampoo and conditioner for the hair. The clear slimy and sudsy juice present in the mature flower heads is excellent for softening and brings shine to the hair. It can be left in the hair or rinsed out, as you wish.

Here is the site on all of its uses: http://www.canoeplants.com/awapuhi.html

[ QUOTE ]
bajanplums1 said:
Here is some more info on awapuhi:

Finally, perhaps the most common use of `awapuhi kuahiwi is as a shampoo and conditioner for the hair. The clear slimy and sudsy juice present in the mature flower heads is excellent for softening and brings shine to the hair. It can be left in the hair or rinsed out, as you wish.

Here is the site on all of its uses: http://www.canoeplants.com/awapuhi.html

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the background info /images/graemlins/smile.gif Ahhhh now i see why it's so good...it's almost like a natural glycerine in a way. All i know is the slip is great and i'm loving the softness /images/graemlins/grin.gif -- jainygirl

[ QUOTE ]
bajanplums1 said:
...excellent for softening and brings shine to the hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's all I needed to read! I'm all over it as soon as I rinse this concoction out of my hair!

/images/graemlins/driver.gif

[ QUOTE ]
jainygirl said:
this shyt is BUTTA!!!! I love it /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

More encouraging words! /images/graemlins/driver.gif

[ QUOTE ]
SVT said:
[ QUOTE ]
bajanplums1 said:
...excellent for softening and brings shine to the hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's all I needed to read! I'm all over it as soon as I rinse this concoction out of my hair!

/images/graemlins/driver.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

LOL - your welcome jainygirl. I'm glad you got a chance to try it and you like it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

If I run across it, I'll get you some more. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back