My hair for work

celiabug

I am considering working at this new job but in order to work there your hair has to be down every day. No ponytail holders or bobby pins. I have 3c hair that falls to apl when unstreched and I CANNOT wear my hair down everyday, it will tangle and break like crazy! Im considering a wig that I can wear and take off when I get home but I dont know. Any advice?

A job is a job. You can always add more dcs to your regimen. Im on a job hunt right now and if they want my hair straightened all the time I will do it cause I need a job and the money very badly. But thats just me.

Swype thinks weird and wierd are both correct

My job is the same! Its so irritating, where is it?
I find that if youre not doing anything important they dont mind you putting your hair up for a bit.

If it turns out you work at the same place as me then I can give more advice!

celiabug

i agree with the half or full wigs as a possible option. be mindful with half wigs that the exposed hair can suffer cause ppl do so much to have it blend with their own hair.

also try to do stretched styles instead of wash and gos banding, twistouts, braid/twist/bantu knot outs, roller sets etc. you could do these styles on dry hair for more hangtime and stretch as opposed to wet hair.

I would get a cute wig that looks real. Nobody is going to know its not your hair, especially if you're starting a new job where no one knows you.

i understand you. my job gives only 2 options as à must:
à very good bun. no hair sticking out.
or hair down at maximum neck length ! touching shoulders is too long....
braids are forbidden (i will do thème.neatly if i feel like it)

i feel sooo bored with my natural hair. i cant do anything but à boring bun....
work,work,work....

I like the wig idea. You can keep your hair under it. Get a halfwig, and maybe a full wig just in case. Do they allow twists/mini braids that can hang down?

You have other options, you just have to change your regimen to adjust to the changes you might have to make.

Bands a make her dance.....

Jk! Ain't nothing wrong with being a skrippa, if that's what it is. I'd wear it down and find a good leave in for detangling and keep the ends sealed. Wear silk tops. Or no top. :look:

Lol its hooters and I was looking at lace wigs but idk anything about them im not trying to go broke on one

Lol its hooters and I was looking at lace wigs but idk anything about them im not trying to go broke on one

It'll be your work wig so you don't have to spend an arm and a leg. I'm sure you can get something decent for under $100.

Last edited:
So jelly. I always wanted to work at hooters. You must be hawt. I've seen girls there with curly hair and I always think they're the prettiest. I never really like the girls with obvious weaves.

But of course you have to do what's good for your hair, however leaving in conditioner in the morning always helps with preheating snaggles later on. Also, you can try doing finger curls with a light gel to keep the curls defines and separated.

^^ Thats not really true.
Most of the people in there will not know the difference...

Just look nice.

My best friend works at Hooters and all she wears are wigs. But thts not necessarily just bc of the job. She just don't wonna be bothered with her hair. So, just get u a wig and make that money. ** they make a lot of money too. Mostly in tips**

I've been a server before and I say get a wig. All that moving around is gonna have you all kinda tangles. Been there done that NOT fun. Have fun and get that money girl!

Back