My hair feels thin but looks thick and full.

sassyhair

Am I alone on this? What does this mean?

I have the hand in hair disease and I was just thinking to myself while doing the usual (feeling up my hair, violating its privacy), and I said why does my hair feel thin, so I went in the mirror to make sure I was not going crazy, but I saw the opposite, my hair looks full and thick. So I have no moral to the story but I have a cliffhanger ending.....

any insight?

Maybe you have hair anorexia? I do. I never see or feel what is really there. *sigh* It's always shorter or thinner in my eyes than in other folks' eyes.

Maybe you have a lot of fine strands. So the strands feel thin but your hair is thick overall. Fine hair is not synonymous with thin, although it seems that sometimes people use it that way. HHG!

You probably have hair like me and lots of other ladies here. It's a full head of hair, but your strands are fine and delicate. If your strands where medium or thick, you would probably have "too much hair." :lol:

Thanks for the input, I have been thinking that I need to plump up my hair and make it fuller, but I guess I really dont have to.

Wow! My hair is the same way. It is very fine, but when I complain to people about how "thin" my hair is, they say... "It doesn't look thin". Well, it certainly feels thin to me. Good input. Thanks.

HighlyFavored1 said:
Maybe you have a lot of fine strands. So the strands feel thin but your hair is thick overall. Fine hair is not synonymous with thin, although it seems that sometimes people use it that way. HHG!

Yep. This is exactly what my hair is. It can fool stylists all the time. They go to put all this product on my hair because I have the volume. But my hair is fine and they end up weighing my hair down because they od on the products. It happened with almost every new stylist I went to. That was before I was on this board and understood my hair!

sassyhair said:
so what should I do about it?

Nothing! :lol: I don't think you really can do anything to make the strands thicker, but maybe just make sure they are as strong as possible. And make sure not to use products that weigh the hair down too much. I find that causes my strands to snap.

That is weird because I can never weigh my hair down, I use leave-in topped with oil, then a moisturizer for blowdrying and then a thick serum for flat-ironing. I must be a rare case.

Back