My hair feels icky :(

yuhlovevybz

Ever since bootcamp it hasn't been the same. It doesn't flatiron straight, or it'll flatiron straight and then turn into a crispy mess as soon as I touch it. I mainly cowash or wash and go bun, straighten maybe every other week and sometimes less, and deep condition when I have time. My hair just seems so icky any time I try to straighten it. It's fine in it's natural state, although I have a lack of texture in the front that makes me not want to wear my wash n goes. I also use gel daily if maybe that's a problem. I don't feel like I'm doing that much wrong, but something is amiss. My hair was growing like crazy after bootcamp but now it'staking a downward spiral. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Do I need a really good dc or something?

ps. I use heat protectant when I flat iron. Sometimes I blowdry first other times I airdry and flat iron when damp. Neither of these turn out well. My hair is just big and dry feeling or greasy feeling.

sounds like you need to clarify with a good shampoo.
i've heard good things about aloe rid

oli+oil+shampoo+and+condtioner+.jpg

Use the Aloe first. Wash, rinse, then wash, but leave on hair while you shower. Rinse. Then use Replenshing Conditioner, preferably with heat for 30 minutes, or overnight. Rinse, then style as usual. This should help. That is the only clarifying shampoo that I use. It strips, but somehow my hair is still somewhat moisturized. I am a WEN girl :yep:

Focus on deep conditioning-- I mean every week b/c the effects only last about a week. You should notice an improvement after the first deep cond session and a steady incline (and preferable on dry or damp) hair to boost effectiveness). However, if your hair does not improve w/DC's, that means your hair may be damaged beyond repair. Probably from heat and stripping shampoos/cond. You may want to cut shampoo and cheap conditioners out of your reggie, they leave me with hay hair. I dilute my shampoos in an applicator bottle and only shampoo scalp. Last, you should think about revamping your heat regimen (upgrade flat iron/heat protectant/etc)

Great advice given already..^^ those things should work, and if you're not already journal your process and progress at least until you get things back on track.

Exactly... you have product build up and need to clarify your hair. I hope your hair feels better soon.

Back