my hair dresser should of known better than to...

Irresistible

a thread for the dumb hair dresser mistakes..i know there are many...im talking about the mistakes that make you feel like slappin em in the head , knowing they should know better...

for me it was my hair dresser (whom ive been going to for many years) would pull all my hair back, combing all the front to the back, and trim it all even...it took me a while to realize that was a no no. i mean my back would never grow that way. making it the same legnth as the top and front of my head....it wasnt necessary either. finally as he was doing it , it dawned on me and i yelled, just as he was about to cut inches away "stop!!! , look" and took the comb and combed my front back to the front and said it doesnt need to be the same legnth as the front, this way your cutting off too much...we both stood there as he had a stupid "duh" look on his face , knowing he should of known better. and i love him...but that was dumb lol...i saved inches with that revelation.

I have one...

Hairdresser's (colorists) that apply the color (when the intent is to lighten) to ALL of your hair at the same time...

Result? Flaming blond roots and darker ends. Can you say "Duh"?????????? That is not a sexy look....and if the roots don't process as much, then it just looks like maybe your color grew out a little. But you do the ends and midshaft FIRST on a first time color application - then the roots - unless you're touching up.

Don't you people go to SCHOOL for this?
wallbash.gif

And no matter how many times I try to get them to understand BEFORE they make the mistake, they always look at me like I just swallowed a beetle.
ohwell.gif

my hairdresser should have known better than to tell me that deep conditioning once a week was too much.I followed her advice and my hair paid the price.What an idiot I was to listen to her!

Re: my hair dresser should of known better than to

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
I have one...

Hairdresser's (colorists) that apply the color (when the intent is to lighten) to ALL of your hair at the same time...

Result? Flaming blond roots and darker ends. Can you say "Duh"?????????? That is not a sexy look....and if the roots don't process as much, then it just looks like maybe your color grew out a little. But you do the ends and midshaft FIRST on a first time color application - then the roots - unless you're touching up.

Don't you people go to SCHOOL for this?
wallbash.gif

And no matter how many times I try to get them to understand BEFORE they make the mistake, they always look at me like I just swallowed a beetle.
ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lol Tracy school em girl , thank God you do so well coloring your own hair .
smile.gif
...i see why some folks are beggin for you to color theirs and trust you more than these stylists
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
katie said:
my hairdresser should have known better than to tell me that deep conditioning once a week was too much.I followed her advice and my hair paid the price.What an idiot I was to listen to her!

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG whats her number?..she needs some edumacation
laugh.gif

I just don't understand, I'll tell you. Heat processes color faster and the scalp gives off heat....

You've think with all the flaming roots customers they'd learn by trial and error.

And it's in the damn text books!!!! I know cuz I checked!
smile.gif

Thanks for the compliment BTW. Now if I could just hunt YOU down for a good braid out....
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
katie said:

[/ QUOTE ]

No SHE was the idiot!
nono.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
I just don't understand, I'll tell you. Heat processes color faster and the scalp gives off heat....

You've think with all the flaming roots customers they'd learn by trial and error.

And it's in the damn text books!!!! I know cuz I checked!
smile.gif

Thanks for the compliment BTW. Now if I could just hunt YOU down for a good braid out....
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

gurrl they need to be slapped in the head lol, i dont think some of them care one bit though, they make up their own rules as they go, maybe they slept in class and winged it lol.

umm gurrrl my braidout sucked!! the twist out was kewl though...its easy and would look beautiful on you....try it!!! try it!!! I wanna seeeee it
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
[ QUOTE ]
katie said:

[/ QUOTE ]

No SHE was the idiot!
nono.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
true that!! she didnt want her hair to do well...ugh
mad.gif

my hairdresser should have known better than to put some hard wrap lotion in my hair and then try to comb my wrap out with a fine tooth comb.

my hairdresser should have known better than to put loads and loads and LOADS OF RELAXER on my super thin/fine hair
mad.gif
when i went for a retouch once. my hair was stuck to my head.
she's no longer my stylist
smile.gif

Where do I start.
smirk.gif

Should have known better than to try and brush shampoo through my hair.

Should have known better than to try and detangle my hair with a rat tail comb starting at my roots.

Should have known that trim doesn't mean whacking off 3" of someones hair.
mad.gif

Should have known better than to try and bully me into buying products from her by saying that anything else is a knock-off and/or will make my hair fall out.

"Nexus Humectress for under $20? It's probably a knock-off."

"Pantene? I don't know girl... I heard it'll make your hair fall out."

mad.gif

[ QUOTE ]
alliyah4eva203 said:
my hairdresser should have known better than to put loads and loads and LOADS OF RELAXER on my super thin/fine hair
mad.gif
when i went for a retouch once. my hair was stuck to my head.
she's no longer my stylist
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

geesh, glad you got rid of her

[ QUOTE ]
prettyballer14 said:
my hairdresser should have known better than to put some hard wrap lotion in my hair and then try to comb my wrap out with a fine tooth comb.

[/ QUOTE ]

umm yeah thats just dumb
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
Where do I start.
smirk.gif

Should have known better than to try and brush shampoo through my hair.

Should have known better than to try and detangle my hair with a rat tail comb starting at my roots.

Should have known that trim doesn't mean whacking off 3" of someones hair.
mad.gif

Should have known better than to try and bully me into buying products from her by saying that anything else is a knock-off and/or will make my hair fall out.

"Nexus Humectress for under $20? It's probably a knock-off."

"Pantene? I don't know girl... I heard it'll make your hair fall out."

mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
brush shampoo through your hair? wha da hayle?
confused.gif

Ooooo! Here's another one--

"1 TBS of conditioner is sufficient." Maybe if you only have 4" of really thin hair...

Last time I got a touch up.. this idiot tryed to rub a tsp of conditioner in my hair and not deep condition me. Then she left me at the wash bowl w/ my head in the sink w/ conditoner in my hair. I was like oh hell no! I told her that I was done, but my wet hair in a ponytail and went home to deep condition myself. WTF was she thinking? I will never go to JC Pennys again.

fine tooth combs are for parting...... not detangling. They should just give black stylist the long handle from the fine tooth comb so they wont get confused.

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
Ooooo! Here's another one--

"1 TBS of conditioner is sufficient." Maybe if you only have 4" of really thin hair...

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah my hair dresser wasnt quite that bad, but he was selfish with the amount of conditioner used...might as well just bring your own, cause they are tryin to pocket as much money as possible instead of puttin it back into supplies

[ QUOTE ]
dannie_19 said:
Last time I got a touch up.. this idiot tryed to rub a tsp of conditioner in my hair and not deep condition me. Then she left me at the wash bowl w/ my head in the sink w/ conditoner in my hair. I was like oh hell no! I told her that I was done, but my wet hair in a ponytail and went home to deep condition myself. WTF was she thinking? I will never go to JC Pennys again.

[/ QUOTE ]
girl thats good you got up and walked out....
clap.gif

I'm still mad about this one and it was 3 years ago.

My LAZY-A$$ hairdresser should have known better than to braid my hair WITH GEL, WHILE WET and then GLUE tracks in my hair. The owner even asked her why she didn't just sew it in and she almost bit her head off.

But then again I sat there like a mute while she did it b/c she was supposedly hooking me up (but she would never tell me the regular price of anything so I couldn't REALLY tell if I was getting a discount or not) so I guess I was at fault too.

I lost so much hair trying to get that stuff out!! She was dead wrong for that.
angry2.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Chanteuse said:
My LAZY-A$$ hairdresser should have known better than to braid my hair WITH GEL, WHILE WET and then GLUE tracks in my hair. The owner even asked her why she didn't just sew it in and she almost bit her head off.

angry2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Daaaang girl, I'm sorry to hear that. It's painful for me to even read that something like that happened.
frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Chanteuse said:
I'm still mad about this one and it was 3 years ago.

But then again I sat there like a mute while she did it b/c she was supposedly hooking me up (but she would never tell me the regular price of anything so I couldn't REALLY tell if I was getting a discount or not) so I guess I was at fault too.

angry2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
really really dead wrong
mad.gif

the one and only time i got braids done , before teaching myself to do it, she was taking the lighter and burning all the way up to where my hair was ...ughhhhhhh...as soon as i realized what she was doing i was so pissssed

Thankfully my hairdresser has been wise for the most part and they actually try products on their own hair first before unleashing it on the general public!

But I had to shake my head when the last time I saw her she said I should only wash my hair once a MONTH - the reason my scalp has flaking spots is cos I wash it too much (once a week). On top of that, she recommended a product called "Top Brass", to sort out the flakes - anyone heard of it? Well I bought it (only £1.99 a tube) but I'm scared to even use it as the first two ingredients are petrolatum and mineral oil...

Back