My hair doesn't like extra oil in conditioners. What?

summerof1990

My hair reacts different when i put oil in my conditioners. I just put JBCO in my Herbal Essence "Self Targeting" conditioner from the Hydralicious line and it HATES it. It leaves my hair looking meshed?:ohwell: But whenever i rinse my hair with plain water and leave aloe vera juice on as a leave in at it works great too. That's strange.

Maybe i put too much?

You may get better results using it seperately. Conditioner, then oil when you're done. My hair has a problem with too many things being mixed in all at one time. I literally have to do things one after the other, THEN it starts acting right :)

Oil isn't for everyone. Also, castor oil is very heavy and can leave the hair feeling 'gummy'. If you use other oils in your regimen, perhaps another oil can work for you. If not, continue using your conditioner as your normally would. :)

You may get better results using it seperately. Conditioner, then oil when you're done. My hair has a problem with too many things being mixed in all at one time. I literally have to do things one after the other, THEN it starts acting right :)

GLAD TO SEE IM NOT ALONE! Thanks love.
I may give it a try one last chance before i buy a new bottle

Oil isn't for everyone. Also, castor oil is very heavy and can leave the hair feeling 'gummy'. If you use other oils in your regimen, perhaps another oil can work for you. If not, continue using your conditioner as your normally would. :)

yes gummy is the word ..castor oil works okay on my ends not all over my hair

Oils may not work if your hair has low porosity. My hair is very porous and soaks up oils like a sponge. What is your hair texture? High, medium or low porosity? Fine, medium thick strands? Etc...

Oils may not work if your hair has low porosity. My hair is very porous and soaks up oils like a sponge. What is your hair texture? High, medium or low porosity? Fine, medium thick strands? Etc...

may i ask what other oils u mix in your conditioners? The only oil thats friendly to my hair all over is OLIVE. She's my baby. Other than that i've tried peppermint, tea tree, lavender,they all stimulate my scalp which is good BUT leave my hair WACK!

may i ask what other oils u mix in your conditioners? The only oil thats friendly to my hair all over is OLIVE. She's my baby. Other than that i've tried peppermint, tea tree, lavender,they all stimulate my scalp which is good BUT leave my hair WACK!

I've used jojoba, olive, and almost oil mostly. I try to stay away from heavy oils.

I'm THINK maybe a 4b im a 4 for sure. I will have pics real soon.

I don't mean curl size or pattern (because that's not really relevant in terms of what products to use), but more Texture: Course (thick, medium or fine), Density: (how much hair you have) and Porosity.

The only way I can use oil is if I mix it w/a conditioner & even then it has to be a small amount and a light oil. Otherwise I end up with crunchy hard hair.

I can't use castor oil alone. It's too thick for me. I have to mix it with other oils, then I only use it on my ends and hair line.

summerof1990 - noticed you just recently joined. Not sure if you are new to hair or just LHCF. I started my HHJ last year and became a mixologist from the jump. Why? Everyone else was doing it. Not a good rationale. I've since stopped mixing and my hair has continued to flourish; sometimes I think it has improved more since stopping all the mixing. Point being, if you a truly a newbie, use products as directed to get to know your hair. Then, start slow with mixing stuff up. I find it is cheaper to buy quality grade products and do no mixing than to buy cheapie items and be forced to mix.

summerof1990 - noticed you just recently joined. Not sure if you are new to hair or just LHCF. I started my HHJ last year and became a mixologist from the jump. Why? Everyone else was doing it. Not a good rationale. I've since stopped mixing and my hair has continued to flourish; sometimes I think it has improved more since stopping all the mixing. Point being, if you a truly a newbie, use products as directed to get to know your hair. Then, start slow with mixing stuff up. I find it is cheaper to buy quality grade products and do no mixing than to buy cheapie items and be forced to mix.

yea my favorite conditioner hates me now that i makes the castor oil in it.
yes i should leave my stuff alone or mixed it with my favorite oil instead (olive)

Back