My hair does not retain moisture on one side

Feli

Has anyone else experienced this? My hair is shorter on my left side and does not seem to grow, ever, not even a little bit. I noticed my left side is so much dryer than the right and not as soft. I can only think of one reason why, possibly because of the direction I wrap my hair. It doesn't make sense to me. Anyone have any suggestions?
confused.gif

Do you think it's over or under processed? It could also be a different texture than the rest of your hair. I have a patch above my right ear that is resistant to relaxers lately....it looks like all of the strands in that area are natural. So it shrinks up and doesnt seem as long as the rest of my hair.

[ QUOTE ]
lunalight7 said:
Do you think it's over or under processed? It could also be a different texture than the rest of your hair. I have a patch above my right ear that is resistant to relaxers lately....it looks like all of the strands in that area are natural. So it shrinks up and doesnt seem as long as the rest of my hair.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have a similar area.. It's behind my right ear. It always burns in that area when I get a touch-up, and is very Porous. I just try to treat that area with extra TLC....

give that side extra care. When you do your hair start with that section first so that it will get the most attention also do scalp massages.

I have the same problem!!! Its only my left side!!! It's just a hair shorter and is always dryer than my left side. But I wrap my hair in that direction so it may be the problem. Who knows!! Oh well guess I'll just use more jojoba oil on that side than the rest of my hair.

Try applying a bit of castor oil every day to the hair in that area. I did this for a dry patch of hair and the problem was completely alleviated within a week. You can also apply some S-Curl before the castor oil, if your hair needs the additional moisture.

I agree, Tee....treat that area with some extra oil and even Vitamin E to the scalp.

Also, try alternating the direction of your wraps.

I had that problem because the textures on my head are so different. Have you been natural long enough to determine what your hair textures are? If so you can probably decide how to treat them to maximize growth. One reason I have a texturizer is because I know the back og my head will not maintain length if it is straightened completely.

I had a similar problem with my right side and to some extent the very back of my hair. It usually doesn't grow as thick and full as the left which grows very nicely. I think it's because I sleep on my right side and it constantly gets rubbed by the cotton pillow and was drying and breaking as a result. In fact the last time I went to my beautician she thought I had been using hair clips or something because there was breakage in two areas. She trimmed about two inches off to even up the hair and I tried to figure out why I'd had the breakage. I finally figured it out that it was probably because I had gotten lax in covering my hair at night. That was two months ago. Since then I have put my hair up in a satin scarf every night except one or two and it has made a BIG difference. At the same time I began using Sta Soft Fro to moisturize my hair.

I agree with giving the area of your hair that is dryer extra TLC. Also, what are you using as a moisturizer? You may want to try something new. The vitamin E and castor oil sound good. Like I said I use the Sta soft Fro but some on this board love S Curl. Others do the vaseline thing.

Back