My hair did not take the relaxer!!

krissyprissy

I had my hair relaxed yesterday after 8 weeks since my last relaxer. The same week before I went to the salon I had used un-braid spray by Better Braids and S-Curl, to manage my new growth. After my hair was done, I noticed that my hair was not as strait as usual. I used Fiberguard relaxer by Affirm and I have not had this problem before. Also this is the first time I used these products on my new growth before a relaxer.

Has anyone else experience this?

I used to have that same problem! I was using the Un-braid stuff when I had this problem so maybe that was it that whole time. For years I was using TCB Naturals relaxer and that used to work so well for me. Then all of the sudden the relaxer was not working the way it should. I thought it was from the build of during the braids so I washed my braids a week before the take down and I stopped using the Un-Braid. I even started using a different relaxer - Profectiv. Maybe it was the combination of changes, but I have not had that problem in a while.

Also, my hair is never as straight as it can get the 1st couple of months after braids. It takes some time for it to get out of braid-mode.

My hair is the same problem. I have very, very course thick hair and when I touch up my new growth after 8 weeks my hair looks the same afterwards..thick and poufy. It is somewhat more manageable and a little softer but not straight or silky at all. I'm not looking for it to be bone straight but at least LOOK like it has some straightness to it. I refuse to go the hair salon for a touch up. I swear they overprocess your hair and want to cut it all off so I rather do it myself. It is growing in rather nicely though and I do not have any breakage whatsoever.

Current style: box braids for 2 weeks then cornrows for 2 months(MTG)
Ultimate hair goal: 5 inches past bra strap by Dec. 2005 (almost waist length)
http://public.fotki.com/Diane71
pm for password

I've been having this problem for the last 6 months. All of a sudden, out of nowhere, my hair won't take a relaxer. And when I try and ask my stylist about it, she's so baffled, she tries to say it's because of all of the vitamins I tke. Well, I stopped taking my vitamins about 4 months ago juss to see if there was any difference, and there wasn't. Anybody got any ideas on how I can keep my hair from reverting this time?

My mother wore braids for 4 years, and when she decided to wear it down her relaxers wern't taking, and she thought it had something to do with braiding her hair for so long, but really what helped was switching from regular to super. She had to get under processed results several times before wanting to admit she needed a super.

Welcome to the club. My hair doesn't relax fully either. I've learned to deal with it now. :ohwell:

Back