MY HAIR AINT ACTING RIGHT??? lil vent

Alli77 said:
Hey Den! Sorry you're experiencing drama, I kinda have the same issues as you. I took your advice that you gave me before, I've been baggy-ing my hair for days on ends, I did so for 3 days straight, I co-washed and now my hair is back on track. I'll be doing a deep treatment on the weekend and then next week I'll do an Aphogee treatment. I hope things work out for you.
Hey Alli, i'm hapy that your hair is feeling better now, you know i'm doing exactly what i recommended you do for your hair, however as soon as i take my baggy off and allow my ends to dry, they are crunchy and no amount of moisture will do unless i keep the baggie on constantly and wet my ends, i think the only way is to chop off the textirized parts

Last edited:
JazzyDez said:
Yes i think that would probably be best for you. If the no-lye is working well with your hair then stick with it unless you want to go natural. But whatever it is I'm SURE it will all work out with all of the useful advice from the knowledgable and experienced ladies on this board. Low manipulation TLC and patience. :grin:
That's thing the no lye hair is perfect, its the ends that cause the troble i don't think the no-lye and lye can co-exist on one head. One of them have to go.

sunshyne_krissy said:
:D I feel you on your frustration. MY hair was crunchy at one point when I had my relaxer... I think I put waaaay too much protein in it. I was doing protein treatments like once a week...(ignorantly). Now that I'm on the road to transitioning, IMO going natural is the best option.
I don't want to give up on the relasx hair too soon, i think after some treatments and braids i'll go for a cut and hopefully that should be the end of the issues.

Den, I think you are happy with your hair now, I think I read you just recently did a Silk Elements right? Your hair looks beautiful in the picture. Can you post the tread about what you did to get back on track? I have No-Lye dryness problems myself... and I am just curious about what you did....I know a long stretch is in my future... but what were some of the things you did in between...did you get braids?

den1 said:
manipulation could be a possible cause of breakage, i think i better put my denman away then. i can't explain why my hair is incredibly dry/tangly when wet, as soon as i pass the comb down through the last few inches i lose hair, this is where my ywo textures meet relaxed/texturized, should i cut all all my old lye ends, it would mean losing at least 4 inches in length though.

I would suggest Giovanni Direct Leave in, my hair usually mats together when wet, but with this, the comb just glides through...

lonei said:
I would suggest Giovanni Direct Leave in, my hair usually mats together when wet, but with this, the comb just glides through...

I keep hearing good things about that as a leave in, is it sold in regular drug stores or do you have to get it at salons?

AtlantaJJ said:
I keep hearing good things about that as a leave in, is it sold in regular drug stores or do you have to get it at salons?

You can get it at some health food stores and Whole Foods.

I noticed something similar to your issue after I clarified with lemon juice I was also away from home and the water could have been hard.
The thing is after I clarified with ACV at home my hair came out NICE but the lemon juice messed my hair up, it’s been dryer than usual every since.
I really cant tell you how to fix it because my hair is still on the dry side, I guess I can contribute some to the weather ext, but next time I am only clarifying with ACV.

AtlantaJJ said:

JLove is right, you can also get it on line from webvitamins.com or vitaminshoppe.com, do a google search...

AtlantaJJ said:
Den, I think you are happy with your hair now, I think I read you just recently did a Silk Elements right? Your hair looks beautiful in the picture. Can you post the tread about what you did to get back on track? I have No-Lye dryness problems myself... and I am just curious about what you did....I know a long stretch is in my future... but what were some of the things you did in between...did you get braids?
Hey i'm a lot happier with my hair because its tangling less and is holding moisture, however my ends from my texturizer days are damaged, i reaslise that's why i was having so much trouble in the first place plus the no-lye i thought was perfect for my hair had been in actual fact leaving it drier. I did braids for two months, due to frustration, wore my hair in bun/baggie method made sure i applied lots of moisture to the length. Currently, my hair overall feels better using the SE LYE, but i think it would be 100% perfect once i cut the last inches of damaged texturized ends.

Back