My Hair after my first Dominican Blowout!

Nice & Wavy

After my first dominican salon experience, yesterday was the first day that I washed and conditioned my hair and I happy to say that my hair went right back to its original curly state.

Here is a picture of my hair blowed out

and here is my hair yesterday afternoon after a
wash and deep condition

I hope that helps for some who are afraid to get a blowout thinking that their hair may lose the curl.

Last edited:
YOUR HAIR LOOKS GREAT:yep:
WHILE RELAXED I NEVER REALLY LIKED GETTING MY WHOLE HEAD BLOWED OUT...JUST MY ROOTS. I NEVER REALLY LIKED ALL THE HEAT. HOW OFTEN DO YOU PLAN TO DO IT? I KNOW FOR SOME PPL SOMETIMES IT CAN BECOME SOMEWHAT ADDICTIVE...LOL

YOUR HAIR LOOKS GREAT:yep:
WHILE RELAXED I NEVER REALLY LIKED GETTING MY WHOLE HEAD BLOWED OUT...JUST MY ROOTS. I NEVER REALLY LIKED ALL THE HEAT. HOW OFTEN DO YOU PLAN TO DO IT? I KNOW FOR SOME PPL SOMETIMES IT CAN BECOME SOMEWHAT ADDICTIVE...LOL

Thank you so much...and I love your hair in your siggy! Awesome!!!

I think I may do it every 3 to 4 weeks a month during the fall/winter. I can't do anything to it in the summer for it will never stay.

My dh loves it straight, but he also loves it curly. I'll probably do it when he wants it, so it most likely will be closer to the 4 weeks.

I made sure I dc really well and I didn't lose any hair or anything, just the regular that you lose in a day, maybe even less than that.

I will keep dc and preparing my hair before I get another blowout, that way I'm sure my hair won't be too stressed for the heat.

I had wrapped my hair everynight since I had the blowout and that worked out well. Lots of bounce and all I had used everynight was Neutrogena Triple Moisture and a little castor oil on my ends.

whoa.. i'm loving how thick, shiny and long your hair is. i can't wait to be there myself.

Thanks girl. Shoot, I can't believe how long it has gotten in one year. I'm so looking forward to year 2 and see where I will be.

This hair stuff can be a little stressful, if you want instant length like me:grin:

Your hair is very beautiful both ways.:grin: I was shocked to see it straight.

I think you could do rollersets at home and get the same results using larger rollers and you wouldn't have the possible damage from the blowout.

MizzEsq, I keep thinking our hair texture look similar but I wasn't sure. Thanks for the compliment.

Your hair is so pretty to begin with, so I'm not surprised that it looked so shiny and healthy when you got the Dominican blowout. And I'm very glad everything went back to normal after you washed it. One of the reasons I don't blow dry my hair is because I'm afraid! So, this gives me a bit of courage...though it will probably be a while before I actually try it. Anyway, beautiful hair!

Your hair is very beautiful both ways.:grin: I was shocked to see it straight.

I think you could do rollersets at home and get the same results using larger rollers and you wouldn't have the possible damage from the blowout.

MizzEsq, I keep thinking our hair texture look similar but I wasn't sure. Thanks for the compliment.

Thanks, sis. I didn't even plan to get it done. I was passing by it for the 100th time and found myself walking through the door....lol.

I have done my rollersets at home but my results are not the same. See this thread:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=2879453#post2879453

can't believe i missed this one :blush:

Wowwee - so purdy!!!!! (even more so when i saw the results of your post blow-out wash!! :yep:)

Your hair is so pretty to begin with, so I'm not surprised that it looked so shiny and healthy when you got the Dominican blowout. And I'm very glad everything went back to normal after you washed it. One of the reasons I don't blow dry my hair is because I'm afraid! So, this gives me a bit of courage...though it will probably be a while before I actually try it. Anyway, beautiful hair!

Thanks, Cichelle. I do appreciate the compliment.

I just had to go and try it. I too was afraid, but I did it and I'm glad I did. It feels so good to have the choice to straighten it or leave it curly. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and since I DC so much and really take care of my hair, I'm not afraid to get this done anymore.

When you do, please post pics...I know it will be beautiful and down to your waist.

can't believe i missed this one :blush:

Wowwee - so purdy!!!!! (even more so when i saw the results of your post blow-out wash!! :yep:)

Thank you so much, LynnieB. Have you ever gotten your hair blowed out? Your hair is so thick and healthy. I wish my hair was as thick as yours.

Back