My grandma liked my hair!

glamazon386

:yahoo: I took my cornrows out earlier and just wore my wash and go this evening when we all went out to dinner. As soon as I came down the steps my mom had her usual comments. :rolleyes: She still hates my natural hair and feels the need to express it whenever I have it out unless it's slicked back. We got into it when I got in the car. But anyway... after we picked my grandma up and we got out the car she touched my hair and said Ooh I like this!

I was surprised because the last time she saw it back in February was really the first time I wore it out. And it did look pretty crappy that day. :ohwell: The first thing she said was What happened to your hair? I told her I cut it all off. And then my mother started with her whole "disclaimer/apology" for my hair to look the way that it does bit. :rolleyes: I was pleasantly surprised at my grandma though. And it made me feel better especially since I was just in the car arguing with my mom about it on my way to my grandma's house. Just thought I'd share.

Last edited:
Aww thanks ladies! I hope so. I'm really tired of going through this with her. :ohwell: She keeps saying well I'm still not used to it. I said WELL HOW DO YOU THINK I FEEL?!?! It obviously took me some getting used to. And her comments made the process harder for me. I think I'm finally good with it. I think I'm going to test it out at my new job next week. I've had cornrows since i started two weeks ago. I would have never done it at my last job.

Back