My Girls' First Beauty Shop Experience

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
So yesterday I washed and dc'd my two older girls hair with Wen GP and banana brulee dc since I had made them an appt to get their hair str8end professionally today after school. When we got to thw shop 15 minutes early there was a wait which I expected. My girls were taken to the back where they shampoo and conditioned their hair, with what I have no idea. Their hair was then blow dried with yellow bird blow dryer...Omg I love that thing. I need one in my life lol. It blew out their hair extremely well and I'm not the one to usually be impressed by a blow dryer. Oh yeah she did spray some type of heat protectant and used some kind of cream on the hair b4 blow drying so I wonder if that's why they had good blow out. Any who she then str8end their hair with a flat iron I could not make out the name of. She did two passes and then proceeded to trim their ends. She asked me if I cut their hair in layers or if it just grew like that lol. I was like yeah it just grows like that and I actually haven't trimmed their hair in a long while. Shockingly their ends looked really well and she didn't trim off a whole lot. She then bumped their ends and viola it was over. We were there for 3 hours but it was well worth the looks on my girls faces when everything was done. I told the stylist they ain't gone know how to act now lol. All in all I paid $100 for the two of them and gave the stylist an extra $10 and the shampoo/blow dry girl $10. I really want to learn how to str8en their natural hair myself but it isn't like when they were relaxed. When they were relaxed it was so easy for me to ste8en. They had some beautiful relaxed hair but it wasn't all completely healthy. Yes I was one of those mom's who unknowledgibly relaxed my girls hair and then realized I will let their hair grow back natural and healthy and give them the option of relaxing and staying healthy if they want when they are older. But oh well I will figure it out b4 summer is up. I'm thinking about trying it myself when they go back to school. But that's a major think. Anyway sorry about the rambling guys tell me what you think also about the price...is that reasonable?

ForumRunner_20130606_205320.jpg

ForumRunner_20130606_205338.jpg

ForumRunner_20130606_205354.jpg

ForumRunner_20130606_205409.jpg

ForumRunner_20130606_205421.jpg

ForumRunner_20130606_205432.jpg

ForumRunner_20130606_205444.jpg

ForumRunner_20130606_205455.jpg

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my SPH-L900 using LHCF

Awwwww their hair came out great. I know they loved it!

:lol: It sounds like your were watching that lady like a hawk :lachen:. I think thats a LHCF force of habit :lol:.

No I wasn't really watching her like that bc I trust her and she has trimmed my babies ends b4 plenty of times. They havent had it done at beauty shop yet. I guess it's just a habit to notice what's happening you know. Plus this stylist is really good. What do you think about how much it was? I personally don't think it was too much at all but I don't want to offend her or the other lady with just a $10 tip each you know. So incase I decide to take them back I know how much to tip them. Sorry for all the questions.

HPG

Aww, their hair looks lovely! I wouldn't have let the lady trim so much off of their hair. it looks like they were both almost full APL and one was trimmed to shoulder length and the other was taken to almost NL! But that's just me; I have a thing about length

For a wash, blowdry flat iron and cut (to me, if they take more than an inch, it's a cut, and she took way more than an inch) or two heads of hair, that sounds a little steep! Even the fancy-pants salon I get my relaxers at only charge $45 for the same services, If you have a Dominican salon in your area, you can probably get the same results for a lot less. But if you trust this stylist and she had done right by you and your daughters before, then it may be worth it.

Nice looking hair though; I'm sure they are loving it!

ETA: As far as the tip goes, 15% is usually the norm for a good job, and 10% for the shampoo girl, so on a $100 bill that would be $15 and $10. But it does vary from area to area, so if you feel that was the right amount and she seemed pleased with it, then go for it. :yep:

Last edited:
Aww, their hair looks lovely! I wouldn't have let the lady trim so much off of their hair. it looks like they were both almost full APL and one was trimmed to shoulder length and the other was taken to almost NL! But that's just me; I have a thing about length

For a wash, blowdry flat iron and cut (to me, if they take more than an inch, it's a cut, and she took way more than an inch) or two heads of hair, that sounds a little steep! Even the fancy-pants salon I get my relaxers at only charge $45 for the same services, If you have a Dominican salon in your area, you can probably get the same results for a lot less. But if you trust this stylist and she had done right by you and your daughters before, then it may be worth it.

Nice looking hair though; I'm sure they are loving it!

ETA: As far as the tip goes, 15% is usually the norm for a good job, and 10% for the shampoo girl, so on a $100 bill that would be $15 and $10. But it does vary from area to area, so if you feel that was the right amount and she seemed pleased with it, then go for it. :yep:

Thanks for the advice ma'am. But no she didn't cut much at all. I wouldn't have let her cut that much off their heads. In the pic I was doing a pull test their hair was still very wet and they were sitting on the floor slouched (yes I know bad) and I think it's all in the blow drying technique bc even though she got their hair pretty str8 with it I noticed with my younger one she didn't blow dry it well like my oldest and my younger one sat for a while b4 she even blew it out. When I wash their hair I will do another pull test standing this time to see where they are at.

HPG

HairPleezeGrow

I actually think that's a fair price for 2 hairs of hair. When I frequented the stylist I would pay anywhere from $50-$75 per visit and this doesn't include the tip. With tip it would be $50-$90 depending on how pleased I was with the style :).

HTH's

It looks very great! I think that was a good price.

However I'm going to have to agree with koolkittychick and say I wish they didn't cut so much off. Even with slouchy position and wet hair it looks like more than a simple trim (which to mean should be less than one inch)

Okay ladies I truly promise you she did not do a cut just a trim. While getting ready for school this morning I had my daughter put on the same shirt and sit on floor almost the same way except now she is sitting str8 instead of leaning to one side slouched and I took another pic.

ForumRunner_20130607_070516.jpg

HPG

Okay ladies I truly promise you she did not do a cut just a trim. While getting ready for school this morning I had my daughter put on the same shirt and sit on floor almost the same way except now she is sitting str8 instead of leaning to one side slouched and I took another pic.

View attachment 212173

HPG

Oh, okay! No wonder my mother always said stand up straight; who knew it made such a difference in regards to hair? Now I'm definitely going to make a point to not slouch so much! :yep:

HairPleezeGrow said:

HPG

Okay that looks better. I better let the ladies know to cancel the scissor happy stylist beat-down we had planned. I am a 1/8th trimmer type of trimmer.

-still I secretly want to see a pic of her hair natural to do a proper comparison.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

Oh, okay! No wonder my mother always said stand up straight; who knew it made such a difference in regards to hair? Now I'm definitely going to make a point to not slouch so much! :yep:

I know right I have that bad and have to try and not slouch or lean on one foot lol.

HPG

Okay that looks better. I better let the ladies know to cancel the scissor happy stylist beat-down we had planned. I am a 1/8th trimmer type of trimmer.

-still I secretly want to see a pic of her hair natural to do a proper comparison.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

Girl I know that's right. Yes ma'am I will definitely post a pic when I wash in a few weeks. I'm try my best to keep it str8 for a month!

HPG

Back