My Friend's Experience at a Hindu Salon!!!!!!!

patticake

My Friend\'s Experience at a Hindu Salon!!!!!!!

She make me sick too swingin' her hair all day. Anyway, my friend has always been very heavy with products, especially Pink Oil Moistuizer. As a result her hair is always really greasy and stiff. So to my surprise yesterday I saw her hair just shiny and so bouncy! I was so jealous! (lol) And she told me she not only went to a Hindu salon, but an ALL MALE Hindu salon. she said they did a blow out that straightened out all his new growth! and she hasn't had a relaxer for about 13 months (due to her pregnancy, she decided to go ahead and go natural)!!! Y'all her hair looked so gorgeous! So now we can add Hindu blowouts to our list of good straightening techniques.
smile.gif

Re: My Friend\'s Experience at a Hindu Salon!!!!!!!

Well, there's the next trend. I don't think the Dominican salons have to worry, though, unless Hindu salons are as plentiful and as affordable.

Hmmm, Hindu men?
scratchchin.gif
Where's my phone book?
lachen70.gif
Naw..I think I'mma stick with my Dominican connection.

Patticake, Oooooh wish we had a photo. I never even heard of A hindu salon. But speaking of photos I'mma forgive you for having a pic of my man in your avatar..for now.
laugh.gif

That is interesting. I don't know if I can go into one because I don't know if they are familiar with my hair texture. Heck even Black hairstylist don't know how to deal with my hair texture.

That's interesting. What texture is your friend's hair and what city are you in?

[ QUOTE ]
jd_bdfly said:
That's interesting. What texture is your friend's hair and what city are you in?

[/ QUOTE ]]
Yeah this is important information before I start checking the phone book.

I wanna see pics and ditto what jd said, what city are you in?

Hindu Salon? I am saving up for my airfare and hotel!!!

[ QUOTE ]
auntybe said:
Hindu Salon? I am saving up for my airfare and hotel!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif

Brooke007, i've never heard of a Hindu salon either! and she said it was only $35 for a wash and blowout.

PS
Girl, you didn't hear Orlando and I are engaged? (lol)

my friend has type 3c hair, i guess. it might even be 4a in some areas. and i live in the Chicago area. She said the place was in Hyde Park.

REALLY? I live in Chicago..in Wicker Park..I wouldn't think a hindu place would be there...I wonder if they have any places on Devon?? What do you think?

[ QUOTE ]
patticake said:
my friend has type 3c hair, i guess. it might even be 4a in some areas. and i live in the Chicago area. She said the place was in Hyde Park.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohh Im too curious! What was the name of this salon? Was this a rollerset and blowout or what? Inquiring chitown minds want to know
laugh.gif

i dunno the name of the salon, i'll have to ask her. and it was just a blowout. she said the guy didn't even burn her scalp once with the blowdryer. i don't know about anyone else, but my hairdresser is forever burning my scalp so bad sometimes that i get sores.
frown.gif

Are you serious? A 'hindu salon'? I've never heard that one before! It sure wouldn't hurt to check and see if there's one in my area.

ARe you sure it wasnt Egyptian? There are Egyptian salons all over Hyde Park and the rest of Chicago.

I run far away from them these days. They will have anybody blow dry your hair in a minute!!!

The last time I went there was back in April 2003 before I ever found out about this board.

Im telling you this lady was literally blowdrying my hair for about 1 hour. When she was done she had the nerve to tell me I could use a deep conditioner and a cellophane rinse!!!! Im like NO KIDDING! I NEED TO RUN FAR AWAY FROM YOU!!!!!!!!

what do they do to your hair at these Egyptian salons Chaya?
Do they rollerset and then blow like the Dominican salons?

my friend had a cut and blowout done when she was
in Egypt.She said the Egyptian hairdresser(a guy) did a fantastic job and was very quick, she was done in under 45min. My friend has bra strap, thick 4a/b hair type.

Chaya, knowing my friend it's possible it was an Egyptian salon.
ohwell.gif
but i asked her was she sure and she seemed positive it was Hindu. i've never heard of Hindu salons so i'm pretty skeptical.
confused.gif

I've heard of Hindu salons and there's one by my house (I live in NY)

They offer some of the same things as other salons, but they also have a variety of Oil treatments and head massages.

[ QUOTE ]
caralexis2005 said:
what do they do to your hair at these Egyptian salons Chaya?
Do they rollerset and then blow like the Dominican salons?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets just say they will leave your hair bouncy with full of baody but their goal is not for you to have healthy hair but to get you in and out of there QUICK with bouncy hair.

Basically they wash you, put conditioner in your hair and sit you under the hair steamer ( which is very nice by the way). Then they rinse you and towel dry you and blow your hair out using one of those round brushes. They use Aveda anti- humectant on your blow dried hair and then curl your hair. Some salons will roll your hair on rollers to let the hair set ( its the rollers with the little spiney soft things that stick to your hair). YOur hair will be bouncy and pretty when you leave believe me, but you will have to deal with the effects of blowdrying later!

When you ask for a rollerset they will charge you more than the blowout because it takes more time. They are all about making that money
smile.gif

Back