My FIRST Youtube Video: Twist-Out on Natural Hair

OP this is really cute! did you air dry overnight or sit under a dryer. I gotta go get some lotta body setting lotion, matter of fact I'm going to try this tonight and use organic jojoba oil (its my new favorite "thing")

I can't say THANKS enough for your video. I love the results. I will try this soon because i have yet to master a consistently nice twistout.

Also surprisingly, I started using Lottabody again recently (for a curlformer set after seeing a Natural youtube video for this) and I think that is the key product. I didn't think it would work on my natural hair, but I liked the results better than using gel, I couldn't believe it. It seems to give hold and cut down on frizz. I didn't dilute it either, btw...did u? Anyhow, thanks again. Your hair looks great.

Yes, I diluted it. Approximately 2 parts water and 1 part Lottabody. Thank you! Hope you can master the twist-out as well.

OP this is really cute! did you air dry overnight or sit under a dryer. I gotta go get some lotta body setting lotion, matter of fact I'm going to try this tonight and use organic jojoba oil (its my new favorite "thing")

For this video, my hair was dry. It was not wet. The night before the video, I had just lightly sprayed with the Lottabody and applied the Coconut oil, then twisted up my hair, tied with a scarf, and went to sleep.

Before this video, November 10th was the last time I washed my hair... (:look: I'm an infrequent hair washer). That night that I washed it, I had airdried in two-strand twists/bantu knots combo with a different product (Ultra Sheen Creme Satin Pres). I let it airdry. I did not use a hooded dryer or anything.

Ever since then, I've been experimenting with different products and various looks for twistouts and bantu-knot outs. Then I just started having this lil desire to make a hair video on youtube since I've had an account for awhile and just been lurking and commenting on other youtube channels. :)

Wow! Love it! Thanks for sharing PoohBear! You are as cute as your name, and your braidout results are very nice.

Love!
I never thought to do 4 jumbo twists. I'll be trying that this week and you have a new subbie!

I was thinking the same thing. I don't do flat twistouts often because I hate doing all the twist. I usually do like 8-10 twists. I was shocked that it came out with as much definition as it did. I'm definitely trying it this way. Thanks for sharing.

Back