My first year as a natural!

summertimewine

*sips tea*
I made it one year, a some change! I'm so glad I entered this journey and I stuck with it! I started bald, but unfortunately I cannot find any of those pictures! And now I am collarbone length on the back, and about bottom lip length on the front! I also dyed my hair to a nice light brown that you can really see in the last picture! So far all has been well but I know I need to start protective styling soon! I only wear my hair in a wash n go, and my ends are rubbing on my clothes like no other! Could anyone suggest good protective styles that are nice for shorter hair?

Attachments

• user375571_pic122555_1368749643.jpg
    user375571_pic122555_1368749643.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 323
  • ForumRunner_20131127_183643.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131127_183643.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 372
I made it one year, a some change! I'm so glad I entered this journey and I stuck with it! I started bald, but unfortunately I cannot find any of those pictures! And now I am collarbone length on the back, and about bottom lip length on the front! I also dyed my hair to a nice light brown that you can really see in the last picture! So far all has been well but I know I need to start protective styling soon! I only wear my hair in a wash n go, and my ends are rubbing on my clothes like no other! Could anyone suggest good protective styles that are nice for shorter hair?

First off CONGRATS!!! Welcome to your new journey :)
I ps all the time. Twists, comb coils, puffs, extensions/weaves, braids, what can't you do? Your length is long enough for anything mentioned & more :)

Might want to search for the ps thread, to see what ppl have going on. Any of the challenges usually have photos of the ps that person is wearing.
Hth!! Enjoy ur hhnhj (healthy hair natural hair journey)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using LHCF, so please be so kind as to ignore any typos that may slip through. ;-)

First off CONGRATS!!! Welcome to your new journey :)
I ps all the time. Twists, comb coils, puffs, extensions/weaves, braids, what can't you do? Your length is long enough for anything mentioned & more :)

Might want to search for the ps thread, to see what ppl have going on. Any of the challenges usually have photos of the ps that person is wearing.
Hth!! Enjoy ur hhnhj (healthy hair natural hair journey)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using LHCF, so please be so kind as to ignore any typos that may slip through. ;-)

I think I am hesitant to try those other styles because I cannot find anyone with my texture doing them. Usually I only see buns or braids. The only time I have done braids I had to cut about an inch off! I will be looking through that thread though, thank you so much! And thanks to everyone else as well!

Congrats! Gorgeous big hair :) You look absolutely fab with your septum piercing btw! Not many women can pull it off.

So cute! it looks very healthy.

My hair is a little like yours. When I had that length hair, I would pull up the back, and clip it with a pretty clip and eventually I could use a hair stick. I'd style the front in various ways (flat twist, side braid, roll/tuck). The key is getting your hair off of your collar everyday.

well aren't you a cutie.....congrats to you, thats some big progress and hope it gets better for you as your journey continues. HHG

So cute! it looks very healthy.

My hair is a little like yours. When I had that length hair, I would pull up the back, and clip it with a pretty clip and eventually I could use a hair stick. I'd style the front in various ways (flat twist, side braid, roll/tuck). The key is getting your hair off of your collar everyday.

Ahh perfect! I will go out and get some cute clips and play around with this idea! Great idea, thank you!

Wow, you have a lot of hair. Congrats on a successful first year! I agree with pinned up styles/roll & tucks. Flat twists would look good as well and they make great twist outs.

I love the shape of your hair! And you are so cute!

I agree with pinning up the hair. I also liked to do a french braid going upwards in the back and then curly in the front. That was my go-to going out style during that in-between phase.

GL! :)

You and your hair are so pretty. The color is an excellent match for your complexion. You have a lot of growth for a year. Wishing you more successful years. I need to find a PS myself, so can't help you with any ideas.

Back