My First Wash-n-Go: Relaxed 4a (Pics)

foxieroxienyc

Ok so this week I kept having this dreaded urge to wash my hair... I've been in the mood lately that if it feels dry and needs moisturizing, to just co wash or DC and then proceed. I washed about 3x or so this week. 2x I used a flat iron to lightly silken the hair and I also had used my Andis Tourmaline Blow Dryer on Low/Warm as well to dry. I used caution of course first allow my hair to dry to @ 60% dry w/ my Gold-n-Hot Soft Bonnet Dryer attachment, then I continued to dry on low with the dryer and wide tooth comb attachment. I don't want to cause set backs so I needed to find another solution for styling... I mean it's ok for me to do all of that 1x a week but not more than that! My HOT TOOLS HOODED DRYER (PURPLE IONIC ONE) HAS BROKEN!!! The fan stopped working out of nowhere. And I only had it since Christmas... So smart use of direct heat is what my options are right now, but I digress...

I decided to give this wash and go thing a try. I think I like it. I did not scrunch the hair at all, next time I will. I just let it dry under the hooded dryer attachment and then air dried the rest when it was about 85% dry or so. I lightly separated my hair with my fingers as it dried so it wouldn't stick together. I only used Salerm 21, Tresemme Heat Tamer Spray, and Coconut Oil once done. I washed/clarified my hair tonight, and then did a long DC with a mix of Humectress and Giovanni 50:50 Conditioner. My hair NEEDED moisture, a lot of my products lately have had a lot of protein in it. Here are the results...

May_WNG1-vi.jpg

May_WNG2-vi.jpg

May_WNG3-vi.jpg

I may be going to Mr. Chow's for dinner tomorrow or some other pretentious Upper East Side restaurant:rolleyes:, and I'm thinking about just sporting a W-n-Go and not flat iron straight... So I put in some hair candy to see what that would look like... I may go for a very colorful Caribbean look (I have this pretty chiffon yellow dress I may wear) so I hope the hair will suit the look... Do any of you ladies sport W-n-Go's when you go out? I think even a really funky/sexy look (like sleek jeans and a cute top and stilletos and some actual make-up:look:) may work... I just DON'T want to put direct heat on my strands, they need a rest...

May_WNG4-vi.jpg

I think I may need to scrunch it up some more to make it look fuller...:look: Ok sorry about yet another LONG post... Anyways. What do you guys think? How do you do your wash-n-go's?

Thanks so much ladies, I think it came out ok too. I need to perfect the shape that I want though, I like big hair, lol...

How to maintain, good question... When I do braidouts I usually just put on my bonnet and in the morning scrunch with a mix of leave-in and water. I'll do the same tomorrow, and I may just co-wash tomorrow afternoon before going out and let it dry but this time use my diffuser/leave-in/heat protectant and seal with coconut oil.

I'm addicted to daily/multiple washings...:look:

Foxie, its cute but if u want more krinkles/curls then u may need some type of product to help it hold shape when u scrunch it. Last summer I used homemade curl pudding from the hair recipe section on here, and I was happy with the results (see attachment). Unfortunately my hair is still texlaxed but it isnt cooperating with curling as much as it continues to grow out....I think my ends are too straight now :( But I ran out of curl pudding so that may be the missing ingredient! I need to figure something out bc Im starting to be very active again and need to wash/rinse often so there is no point in attempting to maintain a straight style. For now Ive been cowashing and airdrying in a ponytail and scrunching the ponytail.

Attachments

• l_811b1f96a52b4bf5c593c3479c9e19cd.jpg
    l_811b1f96a52b4bf5c593c3479c9e19cd.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 87
Ah haaaaaaa, ok, I will try to search for that recipe. I'll tell ya I had no idea of how to do this style, lol. :yawn::look: I keep hearing things about these wash and go's and I'm like :ohwell:...

I actually *JUST* conveniently found my Garnier Fructis Soft Curl Cream in my hair candy drawer! I used to use this on my French Body Wave Wagman's hair when I sported my weaves and it was great... I'll try using some of that tomorrow and see how it works.

My hair isn't bone straight relaxed, it's still has a lot of texture to it as it dries so I'm sure with some curl specific products it will define a lot more...

Very cute. That inspires me to maybe try a wash n go myself at some point. If I can preserve some of my waves I might try it out. How did it hold up all day?

It looks nice ... All you need to do is to continuously scrunch it with your hands until it is 85% dried. Maybe when you go to dinner you can do a deep side part and tuck the flower on the lower part behind your ear ? Hmm going to find a pic:

070607_ashsimpson_400X400.jpg

right and have the flower on the part that is tucked behind the ear ? Get me ?

Looks good -- great actually. I'm glad someone with our hair type was willing to be brave enough to try it. I'm nervous! But I will try it this week.

Thanks girlie!

This is really cute. Im gonna try a wash-N-go this summer while on vacation.

BTW: Foxie, I love the fact that you always show pic's!!!!:grin::grin::grin: THANKS!

um stillalady did a pretty good job of a wash and go.

dlewis has some good tips too. YOu might want to contact those ladies.

also are those tracks in your hair?

when I did w n gos I used to use styling gels to hold the curls, they were fierce too. Now that I've been maintaining my hair I stay away from those type of products.

Yup you should definitely PM those ladies. I'm sure next time you will see a great difference and no one can tell you anything. Good luck.

Back