My First "successful" braidout!

imani97

Ladies,

I have never had a successful braidout.... until now! PM Super Skinny line and PM The Conditioner were the key I think in giving me soft results. I never thought that I would be able to airdry either! So anyway, I updated my fotki w/ a few pics, but here's a teaser. :) Sorry about the picture quality. I have no idea what settings to put the camera on. I'll keep trying and update my fotki.

[URL=http://s2.supload.com/free/NY_Hair_pictures_005-20060828134150.jpg/view/][/URL]

Your hair is absolutely gorgeous!!!!! I was just about to PM you...love the braidout, and your progress is amazing. Please tell me your regimen :grin: .

imani97 said:
Ladies,

I have never had a successful braidout.... until now! PM Super Skinny line and PM The Conditioner were the key I think in giving me soft results. I never thought that I would be able to airdry either! So anyway, I updated my fotki w/ a few pics, but here's a teaser. :) Sorry about the picture quality. I have no idea what settings to put the camera on. I'll keep trying and update my fotki.

[URL="http://s2.supload.com/free/NY_Hair_pictures_005-20060828134150.jpg/view/"][/URL]

Lookin Good Girlie:)
I use the same exact products for my braid outs and it comes out lovely too:D

Wow, I'm blushing at all of the compliments. :) After being on the board for a year and a half, I finally have a regimen down that works for me. I am still experiment a little (i.e. I can't wait to get my hands on some Duo Tex to see what it does for me. NY ladies, do you know where I can get some?) Anyway, I prepoo w/ Aveda Damage Remedy Intensive Restructuring Treatment. I use a hot, steamy towel and cover it w/ a plastic bag for as long as I want, normally longer than 15 min. I then wash w/ Paul Mitchell Super Skinny (SS) shampoo and either use 10 en 1 conditioner or use PM SS conditioner. I've been doing ACV rinses weekly, but I think that I will now alternate that with using PM The Detangler. The last step is to use a serum and some type of light leave in.

Now that I know that I can airdry w/ good results, I will hopefully be able to do that more often. I think that I may wash again tonight and try doing a braidout using Lacio Lacio. I am also realizing that I need a little bit more moisture. If anyone wants to give me tips on how to upkeep or how to keep my hair from getting frizzy as the day goes on, feel free.

Thanks again for the encouragement and info!

I divided my hair into four sections and did box braids I guess. Not cornrows so box braids would be the other option I think.

Back