My first sort of successful Wash & Go (pictures)

naturalmanenyc

I finally did my first sort of successful WNG as a 100% natural.

IMG_1669-vi.jpg

I used Trader Joe's Nourish Spa as a detangling cream, rinsed that out with cool water and then used more Trader Joe's as leave-in (a half dollar sized amount each for the front & back of my hair) plus Eco Styler gel in sections.

http://public.fotki.com/RegsWife/first-successful-wa/

It was trial and error near the end (had to sit under the dryer before bed) and I had to scrunch some jojoba oil through my hair to rid it of the crunchy feel; however, all in all it came out okay. It was abundantly clear using this technique that my hair is fine. It gets some volume as it dries with a traditional WNG (no gel) but with gel it was visibly thin.

I would probably not try this in the morning for a while since it did take me some time to get the gel through my hair and it also did not look that great once it was nearly dry - think jheri curl. I will see if I can refresh the curls in the morning with water & a bit of gel since I expect them to flatten a bit once since I am going to bed with a shower cap under my bonnet.

My next WNG will be with mousse.

i think it looks great :) i need to get the wash n go technique down...especially since its gettin warm and presses that go POOF in the summer is not a good look lol

I don't reapply gel after day one. Also, I like to do a cold water rinse to get rid of excess product and "snap" my curls into place. I think reapplying gel ea day, especially on fine hair, would weigh it down and lead to buildup.

Ea morning I spritz with Stay Soft Fro or Scurl and my moisture mixture, shake/fluff and go.

I tried mousse -- it was a no go for me, but that may also just be b/c of my texture. My hair is very sensitive to alcohol and mousse dried it out. The best wng combo for me is conditioner (suave), castor oil, & eco styler.

Back