my first- SILK DREAMS ORDER...squeeling with joy on the insides:)

MizzBFly

Ok, I have read some awesome reviews of this line and saw so many ladies take advantage of the Mother's Day sale- I was so jelly:blush:, but my Hubby came through with $ for my present:grin:.

So help me please:ohwell: what should be my first purchase?

I have 4ab, high density, high porosity (now resolved)- texlaxed hair is the first 4 inces from the scalp. I am 10wks post and I love DC'ing. I need to find "the one". I had some "one day stands" that really left me panting and are now my staples but, in the back of my head-is there something better??
My hair is in good condition in terms of retaining moisture and has come a loooong way.

my hair responds well to:
CON purple label(discontinued):sad:
SE DC**best
Mizani Moisturefuse
Aphogee 2min
SE cholesterol
humecto**best
Humectress

This is my first thread... EVER:drunk: omg!!

well welcome to lhcf!

I don't have any advise on the line, but I am sure there's a post out there w/ ppl talking about their experience w/ this product.

Sorry I wasn't able to be more help.

MizzBFly, I have tried a few items from Silk Dreams and I am satisfied with all of them. As a matter of fact I just placed another order for Shea What Deux! It is a protein free moisturizer that is wonderful. I have also tried Shea What and Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk Cream Moisture and love this too. I was prob not much help but so far so good for me.

Good luck!

I'm enjoying my first SD haul. I got the following:
Whip My Hair, Vanilla Silk, Creme de la Silk, Mocha Silk Infusion, Nourish Oil, Pre, and Wheat Germ Condish (I use it as a leave in).

I've been loving the Wheat Germ, Creme de la Silk, and Nourish for the LCO method. My hair stays moisturized for days. I only have to M&S 2-3 times a week now. I really enjoyed the Pre and Vanilla Silk on wash day. The Pre smells great compared to EVCO for pre-pooing. My hair felt amazing when I rinsed the Vanilla Silk out. The only thing I'm on the fence about is the Whip My Hair. I'm used to being able to finish detangling with As I Am Co-Wash while cleansing, but the Whip My Hair is too thick for that. I think I'm going to save it to use as a moisturizing cleanser following clarifying/chelating to add moisture back.

I'm waiting for my Mother's Day haul. I ordered Go Moist, Shea What!, Shea What! Deux, Mocha Silk Hair Milk, Mocha Butter Bling, and another bottle of Nourish in the pink sugar fragrance.

I'm new to the line, so you probably want to get recommendations from Angelicus tiffers and some others.

IDareT'sHair highly recommends the Shea What! Deux, so I'm excited to try that when it arrives.

Last edited:
My current favs are (in no particular order):
Destination Hydration
Shea What Deux
Mocha Silk
Chocolate ?
Vanilla Silk

Also like: Shea What, Whip My Hair & Nourish Oil. The Avocado is nice, but the smell bothered me.

I had some 'small' consistency issues with the Wheat Germ (so probably won't repurchase any time soon).

I have a sample of the new Raspberry Coconut, but haven't tried it yet.

Last edited:
I use the line exclusively. I am incredibly in love with this line. I would recommend that a newbie try the following products:

Nourish Oil (Dreamy decadence is my favorite scent)
Go Moist Shampoo (I actually like Whip My Hair better but some people like suds)
Vanilla Silk Conditioner (My favorite is actually Shea What but Vanilla Silk is the top seller).
Wheat Germ Butter Conditioner (use as a leave-in and/or daily moisturizer).

The issue that I have with responding to this post is that my hair does not respond well to the conditioners that you like so well. I can say that using Silk Dreams has alleviated my porosity issues, my hair has a great sheen to it. I can comb through my hair (I haven't relaxed since December 2012) and people LOVE the smell of my hair. You can read my many reviews by doing a search for "Silk Dreams Product Reviews."

HTH (hope that helps), and WELCOME! :wave:

Stand outs from the line are:

Pre
Nourish Oil
Go Moist Shampoo
Chocolate Bliss
Vanilla Silk Cream Moisture Dream
Blessings Butter

These are some great products. :grin:

@MizzBFly, I have tried a few items from Silk Dreams and I am satisfied with all of them. As a matter of fact I just placed another order for Shea What Deux! It is a protein free moisturizer that is wonderful. I have also tried Shea What and Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk Cream Moisture and love this too. I was prob not much help but so far so good for me.

Good luck!

No, this is what I was asking for:grin: thanks so much!!

I was looking at the silk dreams vanilla silk.:lick:

I use the line exclusively. I am incredibly in love with this line. I would recommend that a newbie try the following products:

Nourish Oil (Dreamy decadence is my favorite scent)
Go Moist Shampoo (I actually like Whip My Hair better but some people like suds)
Vanilla Silk Conditioner (My favorite is actually Shea What but Vanilla Silk is the top seller).
Wheat Germ Butter Conditioner (use as a leave-in and/or daily moisturizer).

The issue that I have with responding to this post is that my hair does not respond well to the conditioners that you like so well. I can say that using Silk Dreams has alleviated my porosity issues, my hair has a great sheen to it. I can comb through my hair (I haven't relaxed since December 2012) and people LOVE the smell of my hair. You can read my many reviews by doing a search for "Silk Dreams Product Reviews."

HTH (hope that helps), and WELCOME! :wave:

PERFECT!! this helps alot:yep:

I was looking at the wheat germ butter- look delish:lick:

what do you like about shea what over the vanilla silk dream?

I'm enjoying my first SD haul. I got the following:
Whip My Hair, Vanilla Silk, Creme de la Silk, Mocha Silk Infusion, Nourish Oil, Pre, and Wheat Germ Condish (I use it as a leave in).

I've been loving the Wheat Germ, Creme de la Silk, and Nourish for the LCO method. My hair stays moisturized for days. I only have to M&S 2-3 times a week now. I really enjoyed the Pre and Vanilla Silk on wash day. The Pre smells great compared to EVCO for pre-pooing. My hair felt amazing when I rinsed the Vanilla Silk out. The only thing I'm on the fence about is the Whip My Hair. I'm used to being able to finish detangling with As I Am Co-Wash while cleansing, but the Whip My Hair is too thick for that. I think I'm going to save it to use as a moisturizing cleanser following clarifying/chelating to add moisture back.

I'm waiting for my Mother's Day haul. I ordered Go Moist, Shea What!, Shea What! Deux, Mocha Silk Hair Milk, Mocha Butter Bling, and another bottle of Nourish in the pink sugar fragrance.

I'm new to the line, so you probably want to get recommendations from @Angelicus @tiffers and some others.

@IDareT'sHair highly recommends the Shea What! Deux, so I'm excited to try that when it arrives.

thank you MileHighDiva:yep: you sure have alot, my head is wheeling right now with the many options I have to choose from!!

...so many choices, I dont know what to do :nono:, this is going t take longer than I expected :spinning:

I just started using this line this year and love everything I've purchased so far ( vanilla silk DC, wheat germ butter conditioner,and avocado butter silky pudding). Reviews from the members have persuaded me to purchase Shea what Deux, Mocha Silk Infusion, and Shea what!

What issues are you looking to fix on your HHJ? That might help direct you to what products to try first. You can always purchase the top sellers first and slowly make your way to other products!

I wonder if Supergirl has ever thought about offering a sample pack to purchase to help those unsure on what to try first?!?

Last edited:
You ladies are awesome, I have to go reseach still don't know, but I'm looking at:

Wheat Germ Condish- I'm on the ceramides wagon
Vanilla silk dream**buy 2 for $16- who can pass that up?
Shea What- I would love to have moisturized hair for days without daily M&S

I can't wait, I swear this is like year-round Christmas getting new products on a HHJ..I love it!!

what do you like about shea what over the vanilla silk dream?

Shea What has a thicker consistency and smells like lemon cookies. I also like the ingredient listing over it. It's incredible. I'd also like to mention that the owner also prefers Shea What! over Vanilla silk.

well welcome to lhcf!

I don't have any advise on the line, but I am sure there's a post out there w/ ppl talking about their experience w/ this product.

Sorry I wasn't able to be more help.

thanks so much for the welcome, I told my friends you ladies are on point, a good sisterhood:yep:

I love your siggie quote is the truth, after I focused my attention on my body instead of my hair- my hair flourished: a month & 1/2 on low carb and Im down 16pounds from 160. HEALTH FIRST:grin:

I just started using this line this year and love everything I've purchased so far ( vanilla silk DC, wheat germ butter conditioner,and avocado butter silky pudding). Reviews from the members have persuaded me to purchase Shea what Deux, Mocha Silk Infusion, and Shea Shea what.

What issues are you looking to fix on your HHJ? That might help direct you to what products to try first. You can always purchase the top sellers first and slowly make your way to other products!

I wonder if @Supergirl has ever thought about offering a sample pack to purchase to help those unsure on what to try first?!?

Im looking for a DC that really moisturizes my NG:yep: and allows me to not have to M&S daily. I think that would be the perfect DC that can give me those results, that to me is an effective DC

Vanilla silk is moisturizing and leaves my hair awesome. I prefer this on my freshly relaxed hair before I get too deep into a stretch.

Avocado butter silky pudding had my has sooo soft and manageable after I dried my hair. This could be used during stretches, which is my plan for this DC

I haven't a tried Shea What Deux yet but from many other members say it gives your hair great moisture!

Vanilla silk is moisturizing and leaves my hair awesome. I prefer this on my freshly relaxed hair before I get too deep into a stretch.

Avocado butter silky pudding had my has sooo soft and manageable after I dried my hair. This could be used during stretches, which is my plan for this DC

I haven't a tried Shea What Deux yet but from many other members say it gives your hair great moisture!

Good tip!, thank you MGA2013 I need something for my streches w/o my having to play kitchen chemist:yep: with toddlers...(sweet brown voice) I don't have time for that:nono:

I agree with the vanilla silk. It's usually good for me the first two weeks. I've decided to give it a try and use it a majority of my current stretch, but I'm not sure how it will work. The avocado pudding works better for my stretches as well as the mocha silk.

I've used the Shea deux, it was moisturizing but didn't give me any slip. I tried it twice and gave up on it. Just wasn't crazy about it.

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together

I agree with the vanilla silk. It's usually good for me the first two weeks. I've decided to give it a try and use it a majority of my current stretch, but I'm not sure how it will work. The avocado pudding works better for my stretches as well as the mocha silk.

I've used the Shea deux, it was moisturizing but didn't give me any slip. I tried it twice and gave up on it. Just wasn't crazy about it.

This is the great in depth details that will really help me decide when I se each product thanks Saludable84!

I bet this is the reason vanilla silk did not work for me. I tried it on my 4th month post relaxer.

Silk Dreas uses silk proteins, and my hair hates silk protein for some reason. It does okay (no crispiness) with keratin protein like Aphogee 2 min, but ive noticed products with silk protein makes it dry out (including CHI silk infusion and biosilk)

The avocado pudding is really good for stretching, if that is what you are going for. It has a light fruit scent. I wish the scent was more intense but it really helps me comb through my hair. Good luck with Silk Dreams.

Back