My first set of braids with extensions (Pics)

tiffjust2002

I took the plunge and decided to braid my DD hair. I looked on youtube to learn how to attach the hair to hers and my cousin also gave me some pointers.

Her hair had already been washed and deep conditioned less than a week prior so the night before I just dampened it with a mix of water, EVOO, and Tresemme Natural's condish then banded her hair overnight.

It took me 6 hours to do and I used the Kanekalon hair
IMG189.jpg

IMG188.jpg

IMG187.jpg

IMG186.jpg

The parts look big and spacey in the first pic :grin: But I promise it doesn't look like that in real life. I mean maybe they are and I am in denial :lachen: but at any rate I didn't want the braids to be too small nor too big so I hope I did good.

Thank you ladies, hopefully my next round (which probably won't be for awhile cause I am having flashbacks of sitting and braiding for 6 hours straight yikes) hopefully I'll be even better!

Awwwww she is a doll! She is so cute.

Good job on the hair mom! The braids look neat but not tight (or painful) at all. Hope DD enjoys them!

tiffjust2002 What tutorial did you watch? I have had a hard time finding one that is good quality or clear.

Exactly! I watched a few and none of them were really clear, either the vid blurred or their hands were in the way. But I got the gist of how to do it because there are so many methods and different ways but I found that attaching the hair on top and crossing it like a breast cancer cross then start my braid was the easiest. Some start under and attach and others made a T with the fake hair and then some how attached it to the real hair, I didn't get that method.

Shes super cute!! Aww

The braids look great. Good job! It gets better and much easier the more practice you have.

I personaly use the T method most of the time. Just grab your hair with the middle section and braid like normal.

Last edited:
Looks like you did a good job for your first time. Plus you were right to section the hair as you did because you don't want the braids to be too small and tight.

Shes super cute!! Aww

The braids look great. Good job! It gets better and much easier the more practice you have.

I personaly use the T method most of the time. Just grab your hair with the middle section and braid like normal.

hmmm I swear I was looking like a deer caught in the headlights when I saw that, I just couldn't figure it out lol.

Good job, how did you fringe the ends of the hair? Did you use the razor technique?

I don't know what the razor technique is (I'm lame :lachen:don't judge me!) but when I cut the ends with the scissors I just cut at an angle along moving the scissors fast and in a downward motion, I didn't want them to look so blunt cut.

Is what I did the same or similar to the razor technique? Now I'm going to have to google that so I can be hip and cool

Back