My First Self-Weave!!!

TigerLily

Hey! Hey! Hey! (As Dwayne Wayne would say!)

I've been practicing braiding and weaving for the past month. I did my first weave on my mannequin, Sally, and now I've jacked Sally for her hair and weaved it into mine! LOLOL!!! This is my first time weaving my hair, so any pointers on how to get better would be greatly appreciated!

Here's the link:

http://public.fotki.com/Latrice/practice_practice/

TIA!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

all i can say is wow! i wish i could do my own weaves i love the color too. but you are so wrong to jack sally like that girl

Looks good to me! I would still be stuck on making Sally's cornrows look decent--and more than likely have thrown her out due to frustration! Heck, truth be told, I would still be stuck on Sally's first cornrow! Anyway, practice does make perfect, and if this is a first try, perfect isn't too far away!

You did a great job. Your comments about Sally are hilarious. Oh yeah, she told me to tell you that she wants her look back.
gorgeous.gif

/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Wow what a great idea! You did a really good job! /images/graemlins/up.gif...I am so cracking up at the name Sally! I don't know why!? /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif

I'm /images/graemlins/laugh.gif about poor Sally. Great job though- what kind of hair is that? You look like the little mermaid /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks everyone! It was hell trying to hide my hair on the top!!

ModelChick: Yeah, I"m in Sally's so much, I just couldn't come up with any other name for her. Isn't that terrible? /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

kAddy: Yeah, Sally still salty at me. She's sittin' here glarin' at me right now. I betta sleep with one eye open cause I cut into her party time when I took her hair. I told her that she has natural beauty and she didn't need the hair, but she ain't buyin it! /images/graemlins/rofl.gif She betta get rid of that 'tude or else she won't get her microbraids! You hear that Sally??? *Sally perks up a little* /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Divastate: Thanks! This is synthetic hair. The brand name is Natural. Ain't that a trip?? The local BSS was had it on sale and I figured it would be good to practice with. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wow, you did a fantastic job, both on Sally and yourself! I feel like I have been educated because for a while I have wanted to see how a weave is done and your step-by-step pictures were great. Thanks for posting them. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

That picture of the back of Sally's head with cornrows looks like a real person. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Thanks! Weaveitup has some step by step pics of how to do a weave in one of her albums and that helped me out immensely! Thank you Weavie!!! /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks! Weaveitup has some step by step pics of how to do a weave in one of her albums and that helped me out immensely! Thank you Weavie!!! /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, then I will be sure to check out her album, too! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

WOW, great job TigerLily!! Just keep an eye open on Sally while you're sleeping /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Take care,
G
p.s. how is your sister doing?

[ QUOTE ]
WOW, great job TigerLily!! Just keep an eye open on Sally while you're sleeping /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Take care,
G
p.s. how is your sister doing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Greenidlady! LOL, yeah, ol' Sally just don't know how to let things go! /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Sis is doing fine. She got a second job so she's not lurking as much. But as soon as she comes in from work, she's like, "Hey go to that site so I can read...." /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

You did a great job!!! Your cornrows are so neat. The color is a lil' bright though, but it still looks good. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Have you worn it out yet?

Thanks, KT!! Yup, I've worn it out. Yeah, I know it's a little bright, but hey, I finally fit in around here! Everyone else has blue, white and green hair....THEY LIKE ME!!! THEY REALLY LIKE ME!!! /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks, KT!! Yup, I've worn it out. Yeah, I know it's a little bright, but hey, I finally fit in around here! Everyone else has blue, white and green hair....THEY LIKE ME!!! THEY REALLY LIKE ME!!! /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! I forgot you're in "Nelly Ville". /images/graemlins/grin.gif You're in the "Lou!!!" I can see you shaking your tresses in one of his videos. /images/graemlins/bdance.gif

LOL!!! Yup...and that'll be ALL that I'll be shakin'! No tip drill here!!!! /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif

For real though, I know that the color and texture aren't good, but this is for practice. I wouldn't dare practice on the good stuff when I'm still learning.

Does anyone have any tips on how I can do the top better? My natural hair won't blend with squat, so I would really like to know how I can do the top better without showing any of my hair or the wefts....ANYBODY PLEASE!!!!! /images/graemlins/cry3.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back