My First SELF-taught WEAVE

SpiritJunkie

I figure I will share this with you since I learned all I know about "installing" hair weaves from the boards.

I was inspired by RabiaElaine and Bmore who always have fly weaves:) :) and most importantly using it as a protective style. This is what I need right now to get too shoulder length and beyond.

I will add some pics here by more details can be found in my fotki: www.myfotki.com/sweetgee pswrd:myhair under 2007 Protective Styles. I apologize in advance for these huge *** pics!!! Sorry....:grin:

Here goes:Finihsed but not trimmed or cut
mommy3.jpg

Trimmed & bumped:
SSPX0113.jpg

Front trimmed and bumped:
SSPX0127.jpg

ms.gafeney said:
you did a good job! you grow girl! i wish i could do my own weave:( .

You can!

I literally read every thread on it on here and on BHM as per the ladies above suggestions until I felt I could do it.

If I can ...you can.:p

great job!!!

it looks so natural!!!
I would love to do my own weave too! I don't have the patience to do that,
how long did it take you to do it?

Hi Sweetg,
well done for a first try, it looks as good as any professional salon weave. It looks good, lays well and doesn't look cheap or tacky, just very natural and professional.

Well done and congratulations on your achievement,
MeechUK

Brownsis said:
great job!!!

it looks so natural!!!
I would love to do my own weave too! I don't have the patience to do that,
how long did it take you to do it?

To install the weave about 3hours (not including me doing the touch up, washing and deep conditioning).

Thanks ladies!:grin:

Beautiful, you did a great job there and well worth it. I wish i could do that, im gonna have to hide away and practise.

bmoreflyygirl said:
It looks great! :up: What kind of hair did you use?

I'd like to know, as well.

I have been having trouble in that area. I bought some Sensationnal Remy gold yaky, but now that I am playing around with it, I think it is too silky for me. I went out and got some Janet New Yaky and it matches my hair perfectly.

I would love to know everyone's favorite brands.

Ok - I'm gonna pray for some braiding skillz tonight when I go o bed! You did a great job! Layers look bouncy and are flowing.

Awesome job! Very Pretty. I just did my weave last night too. Mine has more of a wave, but I really like your straight look. Nice!!!!:)

Thanks so much ladies! I may not cut it next time.

Bmore & Honeydew:

I used two different brands 12inch and 14inch since neither one had the other size.
*Kalore Yaky weave 1b 14inches
*Sensationelle New Yaky Premium 14 inches
4 Rows of the 14inches and 5 rows of the 12inches.

I prefer the Kalore. The wefts were thinner and easier to thread. It was $30CDN bucks a pack.

Anancy and Mahogony814: Y'all can do it. Pray hard. I had no choice because I can't afford the hairdresser right now. LOL!

RDM/Angie10: All I can think about is the $$ saved. I just had to pay for the hair that's it!

Last edited:
Looking good girl!

You ladies are inspiring me to try doing my own weave. When I take this one out, I will definitely try doing it myself.

Qetesh said:
your weave looks GREAT

it actually sort of looks more natural without a blunt cut :confused:

I thought the same thang girl! I may keep it that way the next time i do it.

Ladies:
I believe anyone of us can do it. All the tips can be found on the boards.

Thanks!

SG
;)

Back