My first rollerset was.... WONDERFUL!!!!!

Wildflower

Grow, hair,Grow!!!
I posted a thread yesterday asking you ladies what size rollers I should use for my shoulder length hair, well, I set off to the bbs to get me some rollers. I got just about all sizes there were, cuz I can't control myself too much.
When I got home I decided that I was going to do conditioner wash, because I had washed Saturday night. I also decided I was giving myself a pretreatment with EVOO and safflower oil. I smothered the oils on dry hair until the hair was moist(1/4 cup) and put a plastic cap on and left for an hour or so. I then got into the shower and rinsed the oil out and added some conditioner. I could already tell the difference, my hair was extremely soft, but I felt it was still a little oily, so I decided to follow with a little of my CON diluted in water and OMG!!! My hair was the softest it's been in a while. the comb just glided through the hair without tangles and I could feel that my hair wasn't stripped. I got out of the shower and proceeded to do my first rollerset and I didn't even need to apply anything to my hair because it was so mosturized due to the oil treatment. I just added some watery leave in and went on. I never knew rollersetting could be so difficult!! My hair kept dancing on the roller and I had to use about 4 clips to each roller. When I was done I wrapped my head with 2 scarves and went to bed.
In the morning I took the rollers out and thought:" What a crappy job!!! My roots weren't straight(I only relax to remove 60% of the curl nowadays)so I remembered the threads about the dominican blowouts, and got my hairdryer and lightly blowdried my roots. The result was AMAZING!!! My hair is sooo soft and bouncy. I totally loved it. The only drawback was having to hear my husband gripe about the rollers on my head all night.

How come I never did this by myself before?? I know I'll get better with practice and hope that I can bypass the hairdryer phase and just wrap it to get it straighter.
Thanks girls for being inspirations to give me courage to do this.
grin.gif

I don't have pictures yet, but my new digital camera is coming in today, so later on I'll post them.

That did sound very challenging!
Good for you, you even have me inspired. Maybe I will give it a go sometime myself.

Good for you, Wildflower!
clap.gif
I LOVE rollersets
love.gif
and how healthly they make the hair look and feel, but I personally find them a NIGHTMARE to do!
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif
I too thought that I would get better w/ practice, but I've come to see that practice doesn't always "make perfect", sometimes it just makes you mad!
whip.gif
So again, glad it turned out well for you.
weird.gif
weird.gif
weird.gif

Congrats! Don't you feel 'empowered'? I love being able to do my own hair...I feel like less of a victim(when you get stylists who don't know or don't care). I want to learn how to cut next...

I love the way my hair looks, spceially after my trim, It looks so full and bouncy.
I love taking care of my own hair. The last time I went to a stylist was when I had my hair cut in a Halle berry length, and even then I learned how to cut my own hair short.
Nowadays I do everything myself. I'm not giving a stylis t money for something I can do better. I hated leaving the salon crying everytime I went to one. Those days are over!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Wildflower said:
I love the way my hair looks, spceially after my trim, It looks so full and bouncy.
I love taking care of my own hair. The last time I went to a stylist was when I had my hair cut in a Halle berry length, and even then I learned how to cut my own hair short.
Nowadays I do everything myself. I'm not giving a stylis t money for something I can do better. I hated leaving the salon crying everytime I went to one. Those days are over!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
How did you learn how to cut your own hair?

Who is that, that uses rubber bands in their roller sets they have like chin or shoulder length hair. Im looking for your album, because I was so inspired and it looks super easy. I have like below chin almost collar bone length hair. But Im tired of fighting with the rollers to get my roots straight.

Help!
TIA

-Faye

Congrats on your successful first rollerset, Wildflower!!
clap.gif

Yes rollersetting can be a BEAST but it does get easier with practice.
smile.gif

I don't know how you managed to get any sleep with those things in your hair though!!
crazy.gif
I tried that once, and
nono.gif
NEVER AGAIN!!
look.gif

[ QUOTE ]
sweetcocoa said:
[ QUOTE ]
Wildflower said:

[/ QUOTE ]
How did you learn how to cut your own hair?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm good at paying attention to what stylists are doing, and I have the courage to try new things. I'll try to find some old pics when I used to cut my own hair short.

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
Congrats on your successful first rollerset, Wildflower!!
clap.gif

Yes rollersetting can be a BEAST but it does get easier with practice.
smile.gif

I don't know how you managed to get any sleep with those things in your hair though!!
crazy.gif
I tried that once, and
nono.gif
NEVER AGAIN!!
look.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It was tough, but I finally found a position. those gray and purple rollers are big!!!

[ QUOTE ]
TrustMeLove said:
Who is that, that uses rubber bands in their roller sets they have like chin or shoulder length hair. Im looking for your album, because I was so inspired and it looks super easy. I have like below chin almost collar bone length hair. But Im tired of fighting with the rollers to get my roots straight.

Help!
TIA

-Faye

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's her album: http://public.fotki.com/AnjelLuvsUBabe/

[ QUOTE ]
anky said:
wow I bet your hair looks and FEELS wonderful
love.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I looove the way my hair feels. I just can't get used to wearing my hair down all the time or I'll get spoiled.

[ QUOTE ]
so I remembered the threads about the dominican blowouts, and got my hairdryer and lightly blowdried my roots. The result was AMAZING!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wildflower,

How do you blow out your roots without disturbing the curls? I usually flat iron the roots, but I want to try this blow dry method.

TIA

I just get each section and hold it straight with a round brush and direct the heat on the roots only. I didn't disturb my ends at all.

I've just posted a few pics of my rollerset. I took them in the evening and they still look as good as in the morning.

[ QUOTE ]
Wildflower said:
I've just posted a few pics of my rollerset. I took them in the evening and they still look as good as in the morning.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. Your rollerset came out very nice!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Wildflower said:

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks great!!
up.gif
I'm lovin' your thick ends!!
smile.gif

Back