MY FIRST RECORDED VIDEO

MummysGirl

This is my 4th video but my 1st three weren't recorded (they were slideshows)...

This was not easy AT ALL. I have soooo much respect for all youtubers now, from now on - no complaints about bad lighting, sound, editing, etc.

Back to my video... It's not great :ohwell: but my excuse is - it's my 1st video :drunk:

I know EVERYTHING that's wrong with it and I know my next video will be slightly better :yep:

Please check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V9aaay7qeQ

I hope someone finds it useful...

I'll do a cornrow -> Braidout video next.

Not sure what to do after that... any suggestions?

Last edited:
That was really good. I am glad you posted this because detangling my newgrowth is a pain. I like the pony tailing.

How long does it take you to detangle?

:yay: Thanks DSD :grin:

Glad to help :yep:

It takes a total of about 10 minutes to detangle every section and ponytail.... I always used to wash my hair loose until I saw how KiSseS03 washed in sections (http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=9593756&postcount=2), since then - I've washed in sections 90% of the time.

That was really good. I am glad you posted this because detangling my newgrowth is a pain. I like the pony tailing.

How long does it take you to detangle?

Last edited:
:lol: Thank you! I thought I looked too muscly in the vid, so thanks so much!

I actually plan to put up some how-to exercise videos :yep:

I don't necessarily do back/arm specific exercises, more compound exercises i.e. working multiple muscle groups at the same time.

I do lot of body weight exercises & kettlebells in endurance based circuits and intervals.

I wanna see a video of your work out routine for your upper body :lol: Your back and arms look good girl!

Last edited:
it was good for your 1st video. It was dark at times, and you were too far away from the camera. But it was much better than some other YouTube videos I've seen.

Thank you :-)
I like the video MG!

:lol: Thank you :grin:
Girl, I see you tryin' to flaunt all that new growth! You betta work... :yep:

Thank you :yep:
I plan to record my videos in the daytime for natural light and I'll definitely make sure I'm closer to the camera the next time.
it was good for your 1st video. It was dark at times, and you were too far away from the camera. But it was much better than some other YouTube videos I've seen.

Why aren't you happy with it?
I think you did a really good job with this video.
I really like the music too :yep:.
Good luck with your transition. I ended mine last week :wallbash:.

Yay great vid!!! I liked it and it was great for your first!! I can't wait for your cornbraid ones, I still can't get the hang of it :( Welcome to the world of recorded yt vids! It's fun isn't it!?

Great 1st vid!
Making YT videos take a lot of courage IMO, so I applaud all of you ladies for putting yourself out there.
You have so much growth. What is your diet/vitamin reggie?

Thank you! I guess it's cos I can see all the ways I'd improve on it.
Why? Did you BC or relax?
Why aren't you happy with it?
Good luck with your transition. I ended mine last week :wallbash:.

Thank you... no it's 9ice.
Love love LOVE the vid. Great job! I love the music too... Was that D'banj?

Thank you!!!! It's fun to see the finished product, but the process of putting it together will take a lot of getting used to.

Yay great vid!!! I liked it and it was great for your first!! I can't wait for your cornbraid ones, I still can't get the hang of it :( Welcome to the world of recorded yt vids! It's fun isn't it!?

Thank you nikki!

How's your transition going?

:wow: you really think so??? My hair definitely doesn't grow 6 inches a year so I've accepted I'm a slow grower...

I don't take any vitamins... I really should start taking multivits. And my diet could do with a little improvement. Main thing I do is have most of my carbs earlier in the day, a mix of carbs. protein for lunch and protein (fish, chicken, eggs, etc) in the evening.

Great 1st vid!
Making YT videos take a lot of courage IMO, so I applaud all of you ladies for putting yourself out there.
You have so much growth. What is your diet/vitamin reggie?

Last edited:
I'd love to see how you do the two french braid hair style. :rosebud: It my favorite style in your fotki. :yep: Your first video was awesome. Keep them coming!

Back