My First Protective style and Pictures. Questions?

andreab

Hi everyone. I am very excited.

I am pretty near to completing the First Milestone.
Here is my progress:

I have set up my album. Take a look at my pictures. Tell what you think.

UPdate
Pre Shampoo- EVO or Shea Butter oil, and Conditioner.
Clarifying Shampoo – none
Routine Shampoo – CON(green label), Kenra ( Thanks vikkisecret I got the samples.)
Deep Conditioning – Profectiv, Kenra
Leave-In - Profectiv
Protein treatments (light and heavy) – none
Relaxer or texturizer -Profective, Dark and Lovely( what my mom used on me) I will be changing most likely to Mizani.,
Reconstructors – used Aphogee once. I have a list of other recommended treatments to try next time.
Daily Maintenance Care – wrap everynight for mosturizing. Using Pro Line and just got some Scurl
Profective style
Used Baggie style for the first time with a bun. Thanks Dontspeakdefeat. I used your pictures and instructions. Take a look. I am very proud of this. This is the very first time I've every done this.

I used IC Pure Tea Mosturzing Lotion for a very short time. I will never use it again it dryed out our hair. I will throw the rest of it away.

I've still got a ways to go with a nother Protein treatment coming up soon and a clarifying shampoo.

My hair dryer went out this past weekend so I was forced to air dry using the baggie method and the bun.

I think I lost some hair from the Profectiv Relaxer at the temple. Is the temple the kitchen area that you guys talk about?

:) :) :)

Your bun looks great. I am sure your protective style will help you to achieve the length you want. HHG

hey hun!!

Congrats on your protective style, the baggie method does wonders for retaining length and moisturizing your ends.

The kitchen area is called the nape. The temples are your front hair line on the sides where your temples are.

Good luck with everything.

I am glad that my pics helped you get your style together. Your bun looks great!!

Try Nexxus Keraphix as a light protein. I wouldn't suggest using the aphogee unless your hair is breakage. Somes we need moisture instead. Don't use the aphogee more than once every six weeks. I would suggest using it less often than that or on an as needed basis.

Patene makes a great clarifying shampoo. I also like Herbal Essence.

Dont worry about the uneveness. Your hair will even out eventually. You can gradually cut it to get it were you want it to be.

Good Luck with your routine.

ITA with the others.

You are well on your way with length. You hair looks shiny and your regimen sounds good so far. It took me months to get on track with products and a good solid regimen. I kept trying to do what other ladies were doing and buy up everything I thought sounded good. I, eventually, started with my own products began learning what was working and what wasn't. After almost a year on the boards, I've learn, as a lot of ladies here have learned, that less is more.

The baggie has helped me maintain a lot of length. What do you put in yours?

I would advise you pay attention to your hair and it's needs. Get to know it. Focus on the health of the hair and the length will come.

Happy Hair Growing!!! :grin:

Thanks cincybrownsugar and cichelle

I going to try and keep putting more styles together. I never kew I had that much color.

DangerouslyShy said:
hey hun!!

Congrats on your protective style, the baggie method does wonders for retaining length and moisturizing your ends.

The kitchen area is called the nape. The temples are your front hair line on the sides where your temples are.

Good luck with everything.

Thanks
I can't wait to reap the benefits of the baggie.

dontspeakdefeat said:
I am glad that my pics helped you get your style together. Your bun looks great!!

Try Nexxus Keraphix as a light protein. I wouldn't suggest using the aphogee unless your hair is breakage. Somes we need moisture instead. Don't use the aphogee more than once every six weeks. I would suggest using it less often than that or on an as needed basis.

Patene makes a great clarifying shampoo. I also like Herbal Essence.

Dont worry about the uneveness. Your hair will even out eventually. You can gradually cut it to get it were you want it to be.

Good Luck with your routine.

Cool thanks for the advice. I'll look for the Nexus Products. I never knew that CVS had such good products.

How often would I use the Nexxus Keraphix?

Your hair looks healthy and pretty. I really like the colour, thanks for sharing your album pics with us.

onepraying said:
ITA with the others.

The baggie has helped me maintain a lot of length. What do you put in yours?

I would advise you pay attention to your hair and it's needs. Get to know it. Focus on the health of the hair and the length will come.

Happy Hair Growing!!! :grin:

Last night I had a use saran wrap because I didn't have any sandwich bags.
Thanks for the advice I am going to soon get started on the vitams. My hair is looking much better than before.

oglorious1 said:
How dare you good products away, there are too many of us here who could use that stuff...great hair by the way.

Yes I am sorry. Thank you for calling me out on that one. I'll post products in the future for trade before tossing them.

Back