:::MY FIRST HAIR HORROR STORY w/pics:::

Anew

Well a pic. The braided style I have in my siggy, I took it out Saturday night. Well, my friend spritzed it, I made the mistake of putting conditioner on it w/o drenching my hair in water first, then gently combing. So I DC'd, and washed, put tons of conditioner on my hair to comb and detangle, only it felt like I was combing a head full of clarifying poo. It was awful, anyway, mounds of hair came out and this is the result

2usbx50.jpg

I almost lost it, almost. I bunned it up and a few hours later blow dried my hair to assess the damage. Well, I have really thick hair so I couldn't tell. It looked normal, but I know somewhere in this hair forest of mine there's some broken hairs crying for help.

I wouldn't worry about it. Remember, you didn't comb your hair for however long you had the braids in. So most likely, that was shed hair that just got caught up with the rest of your hair. So if your supposed to shed 50 to 100 hairs a day then thats not that much. Did you check to see if they had bulbs on the end?

Eta: i think next time it might be helpful to remove all of the shed hairs with a denman or something before you wash. that way it doesn't tangle up while you are washing it. Come out your hair as much as possible.

Well I know it was more than shed hair b/c it was balled up at the end on the left side of my hair. You see that long piece kinda sitting off to the side, that just dropped in the tub just like that. I ended up clipping a 1/4 inch of my hair just so I wouldn't faint, I was scared my ends would be left scraggly. I get really dramatic about my hair, I felt like I just wanted to shave it all off.

Oh wow, i'm sorry. Hopefully, its not as bad as you think. Your hair looks beautiful in both of your siggy pics. Did you notice any growth, besides the hair you lost?

This looks real familiar....my hair does this all the time when I take my hair down and wash before detangling.... just baby your hair and it will be ok

Well a pic. The braided style I have in my siggy, I took it out Saturday night. Well, my friend spritzed it, I made the mistake of putting conditioner on it w/o drenching my hair in water first, then gently combing. So I DC'd, and washed, put tons of conditioner on my hair to comb and detangle, only it felt like I was combing a head full of clarifying poo. It was awful, anyway, mounds of hair came out and this is the result

2usbx50.jpg

I almost lost it, almost. I bunned it up and a few hours later blow dried my hair to assess the damage. Well, I have really thick hair so I couldn't tell. It looked normal, but I know somewhere in this hair forest of mine there's some broken hairs crying for help.

2usbx50.jpg

As a frequent braid wearer, this does not look normal. That long piece is mind blowing. It looks like a whole ponytail....Did you inspect your scalp to find the area it came from, and if it is a clean spot?

How does your hair feel?

Lawd have mercy! :imsorry: But like the others said, a lot of that is probably shed hair but for the part that was not just baby your hair and opt for different protective styles that are less stressful on the hair.

I FEEL YOUR PAIN GIRL BECAUSE I HAD A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE BACK IN JULY WHEN A BAD RELAXER COST ME CLOSE TO 6". I LITERALLY CRIED. IT TOOK ME WEEKS TO ACCEPT THE REALITY OF MY HUGE LOSS AND RECOMMIT TO LISTENING TO MY HAIR MORE. IT WILL GET BETTER AS THE DAYS AND WEEKS ROLL BY, KEEP TELLING YOURSELF THAT AND BELIEVE IT. YOUR HAIR REQUIRES A LOT OF TLC RIGHT NOW. DON'T GET IMPATIENT WITH IT, YOUR HAIR WILL IMPROVE BEFORE YOU KNOW IT.

IT'S A REALLY GOOD THING YOUR HAIR IS THICK, UNLIKE MINE WHICH IS FINE AND THIN. ALL THE CLUMPS I HAD COMING OUT FOR WEEKS WAS VERY OBVIOUS ESP ON THE LEFT SIDE OF MY HAIR WHICH RIGHT NOW IS STILL TRAUMATIZED!! I'M STILL LEARNING SO I JUST HAVE TO BE PATIENT.

BY THE WAY I HAVE PICS IN MY FOTKI OF THAT HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE IN JULY IF YOU WANNA SEE.

TAKE CARE!!

Anew are you sure that long hair on the left isn't a part of the fake hair??? I guess i'm just hoping it is. As another person mentioned, did you check your hair for bald spots? I hope there aren't any. Please baby your hair, which is beautiful by the way.

Anew are you sure that long hair on the left isn't a part of the fake hair??? I guess i'm just hoping it is. As another person mentioned, did you check your hair for bald spots? I hope there aren't any. Please baby your hair, which is beautiful by the way.

Co-signing w/ this completel especially the bolded. You're NL (judging from your siggy) so in order for there to be a hunk of hair that long you'd have to have a *noticeable* bald spot.... not something you would have missed doing any kind of investigation :perplexed

Either way, good luck hon :bighug:

As a frequent braid wearer, this does not look normal. That long piece is mind blowing. It looks like a whole ponytail....Did you inspect your scalp to find the area it came from, and if it is a clean spot?

How does your hair feel?

I don't wear braids but that one piece to the left looks not normal.

How does your hair feel?

Ditto... I've been wearing braids forever, and I have very thick hair, too... but usually when I lose hair after wearing braids it's a bunch of individual hairs, not a whole giant chunk. It looks like a big piece of the braid hair that didn't get removed at the same time as the rest? I'm hoping that's what it is... otherwise it seems you would have a sizeable bald spot on your scalp.

Oh wow, i'm sorry. Hopefully, its not as bad as you think. Your hair looks beautiful in both of your siggy pics. Did you notice any growth, besides the hair you lost?
I'm not sure, it looked the same to me, but I think I may have to straighten it to see.

How does your hair feel?
It feels fine, after that hair came out, it was like normal, easy to comb...

But I can't find where the damage is, that's why I think its some where in the middle of my head.

If you look at the braids in my siggy, that's what I took out. That's one pack of hair per braid. She didn't cut the hair or anything, just took the hair out of the pack and started braiding. But that's my hair, I know for sure. There are no bald spots though, probably just really short hair in the bush...

Again thank you all for the kind words

It feels fine, after that hair came out, it was like normal, easy to comb...

But I can't find where the damage is, that's why I think its some where in the middle of my head.

Well like someone else posted, maybe its the fake hair.:ohwell:

Because I have worn braids for up to three months before, both french braided, and micros and haven't experienced that much of a loss. The long strand is not breakage, it seems to be intact, and a lot of it. If you haven't recognized a spot in your head then it could just be a piece of the added hair. But I'm sure you know if its yours or not. I'm just guessing w/ you...:-)

ETA: OOPS Just seen your latest post...diseregard mine.

Well I know it was more than shed hair b/c it was balled up at the end on the left side of my hair. You see that long piece kinda sitting off to the side, that just dropped in the tub just like that. I ended up clipping a 1/4 inch of my hair just so I wouldn't faint, I was scared my ends would be left scraggly. I get really dramatic about my hair, I felt like I just wanted to shave it all off.

Are you sure, did you add any hair to your braids? Sometimes I have braid hair left that I didn't get out when I took out my braids.

Yeah I'm sure, my hair is a complete different texture and color from that weave. I had the hair in for 1.5 weeks, it was the spritz that got me.

Back