My first fall, y'all!

preciousjewel76

I just received my first faux hair in the mail today, so I just HAD to try one and take pics. I'm wearing the Outre Quick Weave ("Queeny", last pic is from the website I ordered from):
Fall1_back.jpg

Fall1_front.jpg

Fall1_side.jpg

Fall_Queeny.jpg

The pics aren't the best, but what do you think?

asummertyme said:
do u have it on in the pics?
if so it looks super natural, i like it alot!

Yes, I'm wearing it in the pics. My "real hair" length is in my avatar.

Congrats on being smoke-free! You go, girl!:clapping:

girl you look like the Outre Quick Weave spokesmodel with that smile and head tilt!!! lol It looks very natural, I would have never known. NICE!!!!

oldskoolmomma said:
Well do you like it?? Was it hard to put on?? Is it human hair?? Give
up the details :)

Not hard to put on at all! This piece is synthetic hair. It has two combs in it...one going across the front, another across the back seam. You part your hair in the front (ear to ear), and pin/braid down the hair in the back. Then, take the fall and secure the front comb just above the braided/pinned hair. Next, you pull down the comb in the back and secure it just above the nape. Comb your loose hair in the front over the fall to blend in and that's it. I still need to get a wig cap or weave cap to wear underneath, though.

I think I really like this! I've never worn anybody's hair but mine (LOL) before, so this is uncharted territory. I plan to use this as a protective style, since my hair isn't long enough for a decent bun yet.

Why did I say "Heeeey!" (In my best Nicki Parker voice) When I saw this thread title...SMH

I am so ghetto:D

I love your new Fall...welcome to the club. This has been my protective style for the last 2 weeks. I have received many compliments. I am still self conscience that people know:look:

But I try to keep it neat and keep it movin.

LOVE IT!!! I LOVE Outre's line of instant weaves(falls) it looks VERY natural. I had to go and look back at your avi because it looks SO NATURAL ON YOU! :)

It blended very well. I think I need to invest in one of those. Where did you order it from? How did you know it would blend so well? How much did it run you?

i JUST bought my very first fall yesterday and, when i wear it, it will be the very first time i've ever worn anyone else's hair...i hope mine turns out as great-looking as yours!

e$h said:
It blended very well. I think I need to invest in one of those. Where did you order it from? How did you know it would blend so well? How much did it run you?

I ordered from Golden Mart Beauty Supply:http://store.goldenmartbeautysupply.com/wigs.html

They seem to have a really nice selection of falls from different vendors, and many of them are on sale for $19.95. I may have been able to find one a bit cheaper at a BSS, but the ones near me (aside from Sally's) are kind of suspect, LOL. I was shopping for a fall that wouldn't look too un-natural on me - I didn't want one going down to my waist or anything. I was nervous about whether the color (#2-dark brown) would match, but it seems to match really well. I ordered 2 falls from this website, the other one is human hair and costed about $30. Shipping was FAST. I ordered on Tuesday and received them Thursday!

Now I regret that I didn't wear it to work today...it's raining outside, so all I could do to my own hair is pull it back. :ohwell:

HAVE YOU NOTICED ANY DIFFERENCE IN TEXTURE BETWEEN THE HUMAN AND SYNTHETIC HAIR?

the site is awesome...thanks for the reference!

from36to38 said:
HAVE YOU NOTICED ANY DIFFERENCE IN TEXTURE BETWEEN THE HUMAN AND SYNTHETIC HAIR?

the site is awesome...thanks for the reference!

No prob!

The human hair fall I ordered is curly (Outre "Hillary", I think), and it's SO soft! The synthetic one I'm wearing in the pics is soft too, but the synthetic (Kanekolon) fibers feel stiffer. And it's shinier than the human hair. I took some other forum members' advice and soaked the synthetic fall in some vinegar water to help reduce that "fake hair shine". It seems to have helped.

preciousjewel76 said:
I ordered from Golden Mart Beauty Supply:http://store.goldenmartbeautysupply.com/wigs.html

They seem to have a really nice selection of falls from different vendors, and many of them are on sale for $19.95. I may have been able to find one a bit cheaper at a BSS, but the ones near me (aside from Sally's) are kind of suspect, LOL. I was shopping for a fall that wouldn't look too un-natural on me - I didn't want one going down to my waist or anything. I was nervous about whether the color (#2-dark brown) would match, but it seems to match really well. I ordered 2 falls from this website, the other one is human hair and costed about $30. Shipping was FAST. I ordered on Tuesday and received them Thursday!

Now I regret that I didn't wear it to work today...it's raining outside, so all I could do to my own hair is pull it back. :ohwell:

I think I am going to have to invest in one. I want to get a sew in, however my funds have drastically dimenished in the last month. So this is a good cheap way to not have to manipulate my own hair. BUt I will admit I am scared. I might do got to my local BSS and see what they have, I know some people that have bought falls here, so I might might give it a try. BTW your fall looks great on you.

CoCoGirl821 said:
I think I am going to have to invest in one. I want to get a sew in, however my funds have drastically dimenished in the last month. So this is a good cheap way to not have to manipulate my own hair. BUt I will admit I am scared. I might do got to my local BSS and see what they have, I know some people that have bought falls here, so I might might give it a try. BTW your fall looks great on you.

Thanks! I'm a liiiiiiiiitle scurred to wear it in public still, but I'm definitely doing it on Monday! I'll just see how it goes and try not to be too self-concious about it. I mean, I live in the ATL, weaves are nothing to be ashamed of around here, LOL.

preciousjewel76 said:
Thanks! I'm a liiiiiiiiitle scurred to wear it in public still, but I'm definitely doing it on Monday! I'll just see how it goes and try not to be too self-concious about it. I mean, I live in the ATL, weaves are nothing to be ashamed of around here, LOL.
i FEEL you, sistagirlfriend!!!! i'm so scuuuuuured, i don't know what to do...i'm thinking i'll practice with it tonight since i'm taking the day off from work...i hope these non-black folk don't be trying to ask me questions about my hair when i wear it (the ones that know my hair is short already)...

let me ask you - are you doing anything special about alleviating the pulling of the combs?

from36to38 said:
i FEEL you, sistagirlfriend!!!! i'm so scuuuuuured, i don't know what to do...i'm thinking i'll practice with it tonight since i'm taking the day off from work...i hope these non-black folk don't be trying to ask me questions about my hair when i wear it (the ones that know my hair is short already)...

let me ask you - are you doing anything special about alleviating the pulling of the combs?

The combs seemed to be OK on my hair when I tried it on yesterday, but I'm going to look at them more closely to file down any bits that might snag my hair. And I'm definitely going to get a wig/weave cap to wear underneath, so the tracks don't rub up against my own hair.

Good luck in your hunt for hair! :)

Girl there is nothing wrong with putting it on with your hair back. Just slip it on and then tie a pretty scarf (or hair band if you aren't a scarf person) when the hair starts and your hair ends. I have worn mine exclusively like this because my hair is natural and the textures don't match with the falls I have chosen it the past. I have never worn mine with my hair out and I can choose any texture/style/color I want. I also wear mine over cornrows (great protective style for me and the cornrows out in the front look cute)

Anyway, yours looks nice.

ftballwidow said:
Girl there is nothing wrong with putting it on with your hair back. Just slip it on and then tie a pretty scarf (or hair band if you aren't a scarf person) when the hair starts and your hair ends. I have worn mine exclusively like this because my hair is natural and the textures don't match with the falls I have chosen it the past. I have never worn mine with my hair out and I can choose any texture/style/color I want. I also wear mine over cornrows (great protective style for me and the cornrows out in the front look cute)

Anyway, yours looks nice.

I am definitely going to do that! I need to get a couple more scarves though. Thanks for the suggestion!:D

preciousjewel76 said:
I am definitely going to do that! I need to get a couple more scarves though. Thanks for the suggestion!:D
FANTASTIC idea!!!!!
i just saw a few pretty scarfs in the bbs that i can rock with it...thanks for the idea!

Precious,

I absolutely love it!!!

You have inspired me to get one for myself!

I was looking on ebay for one, found a couple, but they are the wrong color.

I am scurrred to deff to get one, but looking at yours, I don't care. I only hope it looks as good as yours!

CONGRATS!!!!!

I too love falls. I have been wearing them since 2001. They are an easy way to hide what's really going on with your hair. Basically i was so addicted to them that I would go to the BSS's in Texas and buy one every payday. If I loved one style too much, I would buy 2 of them. One to wear while washing the other (human hair).

When I finally came from under the "Fall" I had lost the hair in the area where the comb that holds it in met my hair. Dont get me wrong, it wasnt the "Fall's" fault. It was just to convenient because i couldnt find a beautician in the area that I wanted to work with. My temporary cuteness was a crutch. I have containers of them that I can go to whenever I cant do my hair.

All in all, again, Falls are great. Please dont be like me...remember that you do have hair! :ohwell:

Back