My First Dominican Experience

Everyone else beat me to it, but you know I have to say "nice mommy, REALLY nice mommy:grin:"

(But your curls are still to die for! When my natural hair grows up - and OUT - it wants to be like yours!!!)

Last edited:
Gorgeous!!! I can't imagine my hair ever being that straight without a relaxer. Since you are my twin, now I will have to get the blowout!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very beautiful! So shiny! I'm so glad that you found a sylist who cares about your hair and LISTENS to what you want!

Everyone else beast me to it, but you know I have to say "nice mommy, REALLY nice mommy:grin:"

(But your curls are still to die for! When my natural hair grows up - and OUT - it wants to be like yours!!!)

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:...thanks, girl.

Oh, thank you so much for the compliment about my curls.....I appreciate that more than you know.

Blessings.

Gorgeous!!! I can't imagine my hair ever being that straight without a relaxer. Since you are my twin, now I will have to get the blowout!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, hair twin:grin:. When you do get it done, please take pics!!!

Blessings....Luv ya!

Very beautiful! So shiny! I'm so glad that you found a sylist who cares about your hair and LISTENS to what you want!

Thank you so much. I'm happy I did as well. I think that was one of the things I am so appreciative of....she listened to my requests and for that, I'm grateful.

It looks very thick and healthy. I just had my first experience a few weeks ago. Dominican salons and stylists are definately a keeper!

It looks very thick and healthy. I just had my first experience a few weeks ago. Dominican salons and stylists are definately a keeper!

Thank you so much, kandegirl. I do attribute my thickness from using
BT. It was a lifesaver for my thin hair.

Ok, but is all that direct heat good for the hair?????? I'd like to try a Dominican blow-out but not sure about the direct blasts of high heat! What's the scoop on this?

Wow, I'm extremely impressed!! I am going to try the blowout pretty soon myself for the first time!! Your hair looks amazing! Thanks for sharing!

Ok, but is all that direct heat good for the hair?????? I'd like to try a Dominican blow-out but not sure about the direct blasts of high heat! What's the scoop on this?

It worked for me. I look at it this way, now that I had the experience....if your hair is healthy and you keep a healthy hair lifestyle, then I won't mind doing it again and again. I just wouldn't do it on a regular basis.

Just like anything else we use, we have to learn self control and limit the amount of use, that's all.

Aside from that, I love it and how my hair looks. It was certainly harder to get my hair this way myself. I believe I probably did more damage to my hair doing it myself (blowdrying, flatironing, whatever) so, going there really helped me see that.

:pant:GEORGEOUS!!! I love it!

Girl your hair turned out great and wow, it's so straight it looks relaxed. I love the shine and it's so thick.

I can't wait to finally straighten mine. Did yours hold up ok as far as reversion? We're still getting some humid days here so I dont want to risk it yet. I really wish there was a Dominican salon where I lived. They sound like they do a good job.

Back