My first braids!!

seraphinelle

I have braided my hair myself, and man that took me so long. The braids aren't even that big and it's with my natural hair which isn't that long, but i'm just so lazy. I was just braiding along.

I didn't even do the back, well the middle back, because the braids wouldn't stay in.

But it's ok I guess, since i'll be pulling it back into a bun, or twist it up into a claw, to keep my ends protected.

I'm hoping to keep this in for 2-3 weeks. That will at least take me to mid-march, and then I can see how the growth is, and decide for sure what I want to do in terms of relaxing.

The ends wouldn't stay braided either, I guess it just adds to the style, LOL

The rest of my pictures are in my fotki in my february folder under braids.. LOL, go figure

DSCN0951-vi.jpg

Last edited:
They look good! I can't self braid, so anyone that can braid their own hair gets props form me! But your hair really does look nice, good job!

LOL, thanks ladies!

It took a while, there are a couple that lay the wrong way, so I had to redo them, but man is it tedious, LOL.

I'm just not putting extensions in my hair, but I wanted to do something to keep my hands out of my hair (I have a serious problem with hands in hair syndrome)

*crossing my fingers for it to last for 2-3 weeks*

Did you braid while your hair was wet or dry? I have found that applying a lot of moisture to my *wet* straight ends and twisting (two strands) the part that won't stay braided worked if I rolled the ends with a straw, rod or small roller. When it dries it will stay together for some reason. Of course I've only self braided for braid out purposes and it always comes out real nice. Sorry no pics to explain what I mean but I need a new digi cam :(

Anyway, props to ya, for your first braids!

You did a great job. your hair will love you for it. I am jealous. I wish that I could braid my hair.

I braided on dry hair, because I had washed yesterday. Or maybe the day before, LOL

But I noticed that my hair in the back never held a twist or a braid, but I will definitely try that next time, thanks for the advice.

I think once these start to look tired, I'll do a braid out. I'm suprised I was able to get that far with them

*phew*

Hi,
I am a self braider. Maybe it was the hair you used or possible that the parts are not consistent.
You will find it much easier if you use more hair extention for each part. belive it or not, your parts are quite big so use more hair. Alos get the kind of hair you can seal in hot water. i use either Expressions or Kanekolan hair.

You can see my braids in my Fotoki, i am actually half way to braiding my hair again [pics up when im done]. See my journals in my Fotki for a tutorial or better yet watch the who to video at http://www.growafrohairlong.com/videoplaits.html

HTH :)

Back