My First Braidout w/PICS

Ediese

I've always wanted to do a braidout, but I've never liked the way it looks on me because my hair isn't all natural yet. Anyway, I followed Bronzeg's tutorial last night, and I'm really please with how it came out. The trick was using really small perm rods at the end, so that even my straight ends blended. The next time I have to make sure that I unbraid better so that I have less frizz.

I washed with Shescentit's Hemp shampoo, and conditioned with Hairveda's Moisturizing conditioner 24/7. I used Shescentit moisture mist as a leave in, and Hairveda's whipped baggy creme to moisturize and cocasta oil to seal my ends. Oh yeah, I used the Almond glaze to grease my scalp because it's been looking really dry lately. Overall, I really like it, but I wish it looked longer from the front.:ohwell:

Here are my results. I have more in my fotki. http://public.fotki.com/Ediese1/my-first-braidout/

This is when I unbraided it.

I'm thinking I should have left it like this instead of kept picking it out, but I didnt' like the length.

Last edited:
I'm over here trying to figure out if I'd need to have my hair at WL in order for my braidouts to be SL. That aint' right.:wallbash:
Mama know! I'm rocking a NL-SL braid out myself today...depends on whether or not I pull it down :laugh:

I'm over here trying to figure out if I'd need to have my hair at WL in order for my braidouts to be SL. That aint' right.:wallbash:
Girl, I know. I keep thinking...I can't wait to get tailbone length so I can wear a wash and go that'll be at least BSL. It's a trip!

Mama know! I'm rocking a NL-SL braid out myself today...depends on whether or not I pull it down :laugh:

Girl, I know. I keep thinking...I can't wait to get tailbone length so I can wear a wash and go that'll be at least BSL. It's a trip!

:lachen::lachen: Ya'l too funny!!! It's cool though because I do have the element of surprise. If I keep wearing my hair like this, and then decide to straighten I'm sure I'll surprise a lot of ppl.

thats gorgeous: i cornrow my hair: the individual braids came out more cute: I gotta try it this way now.... I love it.

It's absolutely lovely...nice and shiny!
Yea, I just realized that I'm going to need HL hair to have an adequate length (for me personally) when I do this style.

Back