My first blowout!!!

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

My coworker gave me my first blowout and a color correction:). She is Domincan and had her salon back in Dominican Republic before she came her to the US. That heat from the blowdryer almost made me pee myself and she said that they use an 800watts blow dryer at the salon.:eek: The front still had some kinks but besides that she did a good job being that she is not an expert on blowouts. It was such a big change for me having straight hair again but my hair felt so good swangin in the wind last night.:grin:When she detangled my hair is was so huge I could not believe it :eek:because I have not combed or detangled or combed my hair in ages. I didn't bring my digicamera with me so I don't have pics of it but I have pics of the blowout in my album. My current length is now almost shoulder length in the back and if I didn't cut my hair at the back I would have been at shoulder length because my hair is the longest in that area.

Last edited:
Looking good girl! :grin:

I love blow-outs.... they look sooo nice! BUT.... dont get addicted, because they are hella damaging! :ohwell: I limit myself to a blow-out every 3 months, around Progress Picture time.

That makes me wanna rip these braids out and run right to the Dom. spot and get a blowout. I love it! It looks like relaxed hair in the photo and I love that color. And what do you do with your hair after a blowout? Did you wear it straight like in the photo or did you curl it or ponytail it or what?

Last edited:
Looking great Classyebonygirl ! WOW your hair has grown sooooooo much ! I remember back when I first saw your hair products album and all the hair care products you had ! WOW ! Your hard work and dedication has paid off !

Looking good ! :)

KiniKakes said:
Looking good girl! :grin:

I love blow-outs.... they look sooo nice! BUT.... dont get addicted, because they are hella damaging! :ohwell: I limit myself to a blow-out every 3 months, around Progress Picture time.

Thanks ladies!!!:rosebud:She hooked a sista up.:lol: I know for a fact that I will not be doing this very often only for special occassions because when I saw all that hair in the brush I wanted to cry.:(

It looks great! Loving the color. Don't feel too bad about the hair in the comb, it was probally hair that had already shed, but since you hadn't combed it out in awhile it seemed like it was alot.

Robin41 said:
That makes me wanna rip these braids out and run right to the Dom. spot and get a blowout. I love it! It looks like relaxed hair in the photo and I love that color. And what do you do with your hair after a blowout? Did you wear it straight like in the photo or did you curl it or ponytail it or what?

LOL!! Thank you. I am so sorry to tempt you:p. After the blowout she flatironed my hair and since it is in somewhat of layers it looked like a razor cut. However, you could curl it or make a ponytail too if that's your preference. She told me to wrap it and use boby pins to secure the wrap in place and then cover with my silk scarf before bedtime. Today I wore my hair out again but it wasn't as nice as last night after I got the blowout. I will be back to my curls by tomorrow. :)

taraglam2 said:
Looking great Classyebonygirl ! WOW your hair has grown sooooooo much ! I remember back when I first saw your hair products album and all the hair care products you had ! WOW ! Your hard work and dedication has paid off !

Looking good ! :)

Aww thanks for the compliments. :Blush2: I know, I know I've got it bad and I still have more products that I have purchased but have not documented as yet.:look::(:lol:I love trying new products it's fun.:p:D

mysweetevie said:
Very nice :up: Im going to have to copy that color.:D

Thank you!!:) She used Alter Ego hair color (mahagony) mixed with a number 10 developer which is not so harsh. The cost is $8.00. I don't remember the exact color or the number of the hair color but I will ask her. When we went to the store they had a huge book with swatches of the different shades to select from. She told me that most of Dominican women use the Alter Ego hair color in their hair because it's very gentle, has nice shades and doesn't damage their hair.

She did a great job on your blowout. Your hair has grown a lot. I love the color!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Back