My first attempt at a bun...

glamazon386

It was a lot harder to do than the phony pony. I had to use more click clacks this time. Maybe it was bc I put it down so low. I think it turned out okay. Next time I'll try to put the bun further up and tie it down overnight so it'll be dry by the time I go out the house.

Here's a few pics:

bun1-vi.jpg

bun3-vi.jpg

bun2-vi.jpg

Last edited:
I'm itching for the day that I can do my hair like this...not quite long enough yet:( ...what did you use to slick your hair down, the only thing that I ever found that worked was the brown guck...but it contains a lot of alcohol so I'm trying to stear clear?

BTW...I think it came out well.:grin:

Thanks ladies! I used Fantasia gel. With a little clear protein gel on top I had left from my relaxed days. Then I pinned the bun on. It seems like the gel is the only thing that will make it get a little hard. It took me forever to get it slicked back so I need to stay that way for a few days after I put in all that work. :lol: It kept coming back up in the front when I used just the Fantasia gel. It was too soft. Oh yeah, my hair's a 4A.

How cute!! I love your texture too...it will get easier to work with your hair once you figure out what products work best for you.

Youre so creative i'm sure you will take bunning to a new level...hurry up I need a cute protective style to copy

That bun looks so pretty, Bmore! U did a really nice job!!! And look at all that gorgeous natural texture! Beautiful!!!!!!!!! :D

Awww thanks ladies!! :kiss:

preciousjewel76 said:
Good job! You'll be sportin' your own puff in no time at all!

It feels like it's taking forever to grow though. I guess a watched pot doesn't boil... I'm gonna cover it up this Friday and leave it alone for a few months so I won't think about it.

Last edited:
Back