My Fiance braids my hair :)

sunshyne_krissy

I have tried this several times over the past 5 years and I can't seem to get the back very str8 at all! Have ya'll who braid your own hair had much sucess in doing their braids themselves? Do you just wing it or do you place mirrors around you to make the parts str8?
I have my fiance do my braids right now :eek: shocking i know. he does a great job but he's such a perfectionist so it takes him like 10 hours to do regular pencil size and i even help him braid all the way down..lol and hes heavy handed. That don't mix well with me cuz im tenderheaded!! I know ya'll are on the ground laughing right now. :lachen:

It is funny ,but it is nice. When I do my own braids, I am not really worried about what they look like in the back as far as parts are concerned because you can't see them. When I wear braids I usually wear them in pencil-sized individuals and they are usually waist length. I've counted anywhere from 150-175 braids over my entire head. Once you get used to it it isn't bad. I used to do it all in one setting but now I got to the point where I do all the way around the crown of my hair so if I get tired, then I can wear them up in an updo and when I am ready again I finish the crown. HTH

Thanks for not laughing too hard..lol I want to try an idea with the double mirrors but I just hate to have my arms up so long. I'd have to dedicate like 2-3 days to braiding cuz I'm pretty slow at it.

Awwwww! I think that is so cute. I know what you mean about him being heavy-handed. My father would do my child growing up and he also just felt so rough.

I have miro braids in my hair now (there are pics)
I do my own micro braids been doing them for 17 years, so i am pretty good at doing them.
I don't use a mirror. and your fiance doing your hair is so cute.:)

My husband has done my sew in weave before, i loved it- it lasted 2months and it was neat!

All the fam couldn't believe it.

He's also done bonding on my hair (before my hair care days)

He always helps me un-do my braids or flat iron the back of my hair...;)

My sisters husband cornrows/twists and braids there babies hair (he is very good!) but heavy handed! the girls have "bra strap" natural hair,4A, He's obviously doing something right.

I've noticed male hair dressers are very good, i've had three male stylist do my hair and they always take their time and do it with care...the results are banging too!

Last edited:
sunshyne_krissy said:
I have tried this several times over the past 5 years and I can't seem to get the back very str8 at all! Have ya'll who braid your own hair had much sucess in doing their braids themselves? Do you just wing it or do you place mirrors around you to make the parts str8?
I have my fiance do my braids right now :eek: shocking i know. he does a great job but he's such a perfectionist so it takes him like 10 hours to do regular pencil size and i even help him braid all the way down..lol and hes heavy handed. That don't mix well with me cuz im tenderheaded!! I know ya'll are on the ground laughing right now. :lachen:

I will leave that alone :) As long as you like it, I guess that's all that matters. I have no problem w/ the parts, or braids. I just use the bthrm mirror, duck bill clips and a hand held mirror. It does fine every time. YOU need to practice. If you can get one of thoes heads from sally's or the beauty supply store, get the cheapest hair that you can find, and try braiding on that. Once your hands and head learn what it feels like, you won't need mirrors. I just braided up my hair in singles to have a break from doing it. I had no problems at all. But mind you I have been braiding my own hair for like 13-14 yrs off and on. Maybe ask your man, to show you what he is doing, so you can watch. Good luck to you on this one

It's funny and sweet at the same time. Its good to know your fiance is supportive of your hair journey. We need all the support we can get. The pursuit of healthy hair requires support from loved ones!!!!!!

Back