My experience with using a chelating shampoo....

PinkPebbles

In Gymfreak's thread she mentioned there is a difference between a clarifying and chelating shampoo, after last night I totally agree!

I was experiencing dry, itchy scalp, and dull hair. After using a clarifying shampoo on several occasions, my hair and scalp still did not look or feel clean. I also notice that certain sections of my hair always underprocess. Finally, I decided to buy a chelating poo and my hair is thanking me!

I immediatley saw a huge difference in my scalp and hair strands. My scalp did not have any flakes and my hair felt and looked well moisturized. My strands were so smooth after I DC'ed. I did not have to put a lot of products on my hair for smoothness and shine. I only used Elasta QP silk setting lotion for a simple roller-set.

I came to the conclusion that I probably had a lot of calcium and mineral buildup on my scalp and hair by applying creamy conditioners from root to tip, causing some conditioner to spill over on my scalp leaving a residue. I decided to use essential oils on my scalp and then apply the creamy conditioners only on my ends.

Just wanted to share....:look:

ITA :yep:

Usually use Quantam Chelating to clarify (my absolute fave), but decided to try something different and bought some Aloe Rid....:nono:sooo not the same.

The Quantam really improves the quality of my hair after a DC.

Which shampoo did you use?

I wanted to use Kenra chelating shampoo, but TradeSecrets were out. So I went to my local BSS and purchaes ORS poo. (the front label states it removes calcium, mineral deposit build-up.)

First, I applied Aveda detoxifier on my dry ends and jumped in the shower to poo with the ORS(chelating).

ITA :yep:

Usually use Quantam Chelating to clarify (my absolute fave), but decided to try something different and bought some Aloe Rid....:nono:sooo not the same.

The Quantam really improves the quality of my hair after a DC.

really...i tried aloe rid the other day with good results...if quantum is better,i need to get it! where can I buy it from:look:

I think I'm going start using a chelating poo again. I used to use Vitale Chelating Shampoo (the one that came in the relaxer kit) and I noticed that my hair and scalp looked and felt better than when I used clarifying poo. I guess I'll go into my PJ mode and pick some up this week.

really...i tried aloe rid the other day with good results...if quantum is better,i need to get it! where can I buy it from:look:

They sale 32oz sizes at sally's. The Aloe Rid was good, but I felt like it didn't get my hair "Squeaky" with the Quantam my hair is shiny-squeaky clean, but not to the point of being overly dry. If you like for you hair to be soft or if you tend to detangle before you condition, I would recommend following it up with a moisturizing shampoo. I don't though...I just DC after. The results are great!

I think I'm going start using a chelating poo again. I used to use Vitale Chelating Shampoo (the one that came in the relaxer kit) and I noticed that my hair and scalp looked and felt better than when I used clarifying poo. I guess I'll go into my PJ mode and pick some up this week.

Me too, and I felt like the products that I was using worked much better. At one point may hair was badly damaged and I think that Chelating/DC 1x/month is one of the main things that helped to turn my hair around,

yea that ORS poo is no Joke!!!..i luv it

ive never heard of quantam...can u get it in the store or only online?

NEVERMIND!!!! JUST READ THE POST

They sale 32oz sizes at sally's. The Aloe Rid was good, but I felt like it didn't get my hair "Squeaky" with the Quantam my hair is shiny-squeaky clean, but not to the point of being overly dry. If you like for you hair to be soft or if you tend to detangle before you condition, I would recommend following it up with a moisturizing shampoo. I don't though...I just DC after. The results are great!

thanks embria...i'm gonna' pick some up this weekend:yep:

Me too, and I felt like the products that I was using worked much better. At one point may hair was badly damaged and I think that Chelating/DC 1x/month is one of the main things that helped to turn my hair around,

I used the Elasta QP silk setting lotion last night for the first time...and I was amazed. I thought it was way better than my beloved Lacio Lacio. It's probably because I used a chelating poo!

I wonder how often can I used a chelating poo, is once a week too much?

I used the Elasta QP silk setting lotion last night for the first time...and I was amazed. I thought it was way better than my beloved Lacio Lacio. It's probably because I used a chelating poo!

I wonder how often can I used a chelating poo, is once a week too much?

I only use mine once a month.

I use the Joico K-Pak Chelating shampoo and it is good, I'll have to try the ORS. I don't use regular poo, I only chelate because I am on my ayureda regimen,

I decided to try a chelating shampoo myself after reading this thread-although I didn't want to be stuck w/a liter of the Quantum shampoo if it didn't work well. After doing some searching on the net I came across Fantastic Sam's Clarifying shampoo, which is really a triple chelating shampoo. I went and purchased it and also gave some to one of my friends. I can't tell you what a difference it made. As I was shampooing I had to keep looking at my hands to make sure it was lathering because it felt like silk in my hands (the shampoo). I also noticed brown water running off into the sink as I rinsed. I lathered and rinsed again and more brown water ran off. My hair didn't fell stripped either, just really clean-it felt like air was blowing through my scalp-and I had the towel wrapped around my head! I conditioned/blow dried and flat ironed and OMG. My hair just swings, it feels light and airy and thicker. My friend said she felt like she had just left the hair salon after she was done w/her hair. I also shampoo'd my 4yo daughter's hair today with it and I could tell a huge difference in how her hair felt afterward.

I live in Michigan(hard water) and I never noticed a problem until we moved to a different city-so I got rid of 2 years worth of buildup!! What a difference it made. This shampoo is worth the $8 I paid.

And this stuff is simply called Quantum and I can get it at Sallys?

I'm asking b/c I'll pick some up tomorrow before I wash my hair to try it out. I have NEVER chelated before so I cant wait. My Sallys discount card is on FIYAH!!!!!

I use the Joico K-Pak Chelating shampoo and it is good, I'll have to try the ORS. I don't use regular poo, I only chelate because I am on my ayureda regimen,

I used the ORS again this past sunday...and Oh my...my hair came out even better. I think that I'm going to use this once a week instead of regular poo.

I decided to try a chelating shampoo myself after reading this thread-although I didn't want to be stuck w/a liter of the Quantum shampoo if it didn't work well. After doing some searching on the net I came across Fantastic Sam's Clarifying shampoo, which is really a triple chelating shampoo. I went and purchased it and also gave some to one of my friends. I can't tell you what a difference it made. As I was shampooing I had to keep looking at my hands to make sure it was lathering because it felt like silk in my hands (the shampoo). I also noticed brown water running off into the sink as I rinsed. I lathered and rinsed again and more brown water ran off. My hair didn't fell stripped either, just really clean-it felt like air was blowing through my scalp-and I had the towel wrapped around my head! I conditioned/blow dried and flat ironed and OMG. My hair just swings, it feels light and airy and thicker. My friend said she felt like she had just left the hair salon after she was done w/her hair. I also shampoo'd my 4yo daughter's hair today with it and I could tell a huge difference in how her hair felt afterward.

I live in Michigan(hard water) and I never noticed a problem until we moved to a different city-so I got rid of 2 years worth of buildup!! What a difference it made. This shampoo is worth the $8 I paid.

I'm glad this worked out for you....I understand the excitement:grin:. I believe that I have hard water too.

And this stuff is simply called Quantum and I can get it at Sallys?

I'm asking b/c I'll pick some up tomorrow before I wash my hair to try it out. I have NEVER chelated before so I cant wait. My Sallys discount card is on FIYAH!!!!!
OT, didn't I just see you in the PJ thread over there on the other side of the board?? LOL J/K :lachen::lachen: <If I didn't already have ORS, I'd be going to Sally's too!!!>

what is the name of the ors shampoo i think im going to go pick some up at sallys today

I'm at work right now so I don't have the bottle near me. But it says Creamy ORS and below it reads "Remove Calcium, and Mineral deposit buildup, Cleanses and Neutralized."

Back