My experience with Mizani True Textures Curl Replenish Intense Moisturizing Masque

mg1979

So here is my opinion of Mizani True Textures Curl Replenish Intense Moisturizing Masque: I HATE IT. What a waste of $20! I didn't like it the first time I tried it, but I just keep using it thinking it'll get better. But nope-the jar is almost empty and it still does nothing for me. I will definitely not repurchase. I'd much rather use Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Conditioner for SO MUCH CHEAPER!

Here are the ingredients for those who want to know:

AQUA / WATER, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, AMODIMETHICONE, BEHENTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, CETYL ESTERS, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, TRIDECETH-6, METHYLPARABEN, SORBIC ACID, SODIUM SALICYLATE, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS OIL / JOJOBA SEED OIL, PRUNUS ARMENIACA KERNEL OIL / APRICOT KERNEL OIL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, CETRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, CI 47005 / YELLOW 10, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, INULIN, COUMARIN, CI 14700 / RED 4

Re: My experience with Mizani True Textures Curl Replenish Intense Moisturizing Masqu

when i applied this it stained my nails, did you get nail stains also?
i've only used it once so i'm still reserving judgment

Re: My experience with Mizani True Textures Curl Replenish Intense Moisturizing Masqu

OMG I LOVED the Curl Replenish conditioner. That was my favorite item from the True Textures line. It made my hair super soft immediately when I put it on and after I washed it out.

when i applied this it stained my nails, did you get nail stains also?
i've only used it once so i'm still reserving judgment

Really? Like yellow stains? No it didn't stain my nails and I've been doing it once a week. But I am a little OCD about washing my hands. . .

OMG I LOVED the Curl Replenish conditioner. That was my favorite item from the True Textures line. It made my hair super soft immediately when I put it on and after I washed it out.

Yeah, I saw your YouTube video. My hair does not feel soft at all afterwards. I've even applied heat, added oil, and DC'd overnight-nothing.

Not to say this was the culprit but I always stay away from alcohol and cones. I think cetearyl alcohol is derived from corn but it's still drying and it's second on the list. That's a lot of alcohol!

^^That is one of the fatty/moisturizing alcohols. It's the ethyl, isopropyl, and SD alcohols that are drying.

OP, sorry you didn't like the product. Even though I am relaxed, I am really pleased to see companies creating more products for natural hair. :up:

Really? Like yellow stains? No it didn't stain my nails and I've been doing it once a week. But I am a little OCD about washing my hands. . .
yes my nails were yellow for a few hours after...

I bought it but I've yet to try it.

yes my nails were yellow for a few hours after...

I still haven't noticed my nails turn yellow, but I noticed even when I dc with heat and leave it in overnight, when I rinse my hair in a porcelain sink, I can see the yellow product rinsing off of it. Is that normal when a conditioner is colored or should it absorb into your hair enough that you can't see the color rinsing off?

^^That is one of the fatty/moisturizing alcohols. It's the ethyl, isopropyl, and SD alcohols that are drying.

OP, sorry you didn't like the product. Even though I am relaxed, I am really pleased to see companies creating more products for natural hair. :up:

I agree, I'm glad at least they are trying, maybe they just didn't hit it out of the park on the first try. At least in my opinion-these products may work well for others. Maybe if it doesn't work well for most people they will re-formulate to something better.

Back