My ex is coming over within the hour....

How did I *know* this was going to happen?? :lol:

ETA: That poor teddy bearish man that used to be in your siggy :look:

Okay ladies, he just left. We walked around and talked for awhile and got a quick bite to eat.

First let me say that He looked SOOOOO GOOD!:lick: He really has been working out, he is so skinny so it takes a lot to keep on weight.

As far as what we talked about, I do feel better about our past. When we first started talking, I was only 17 so many things that happened between us, I can now look back see more of the mistakes I made. We have resolved alot of our issues and let the past be the past. We went through alot together so there is a level of comfort and familarity between us now that I do enjoy. We have always joked that we were the right people at the wrong time and I do think that is true in many ways. We both needed to grow up. I see that many of the issues that I had with him have seemed to get better in terms of his attitude but that arrogance that I love :love: and hate:wallbash: is still there. It seems that he will be here for a while, many another 5-6 years. Our long term goals and ideal family life still are and have been the same which is one reason why I liked him so much. We were raised in the same style and our familys are almost exactly alike. It really felt good to see that he has grown up because I feel like I had something to do with it. I know he had something to do with me accepting and working on things that were not great about me.

I do have to admit that I miss him too and today let me know just how much we used to have fun sometimes. I think our relationship serves as a marker of just how far we have both come when we look back on the things that had happened. As far as his feelings about me are concerned....:look: I can't lie and say that I feel nothing, because I do. I loved this man so hard that it hurt. I can't even describe it.

With all of that being said, as soon as he left, the only thing I could think about was my current SO and how much I appreciate him being in my life now. He loves me the way I loved my ex, and I since I have been in that position, I know just how deep that is and I am not willing to throw that away for another shot with my ex. If circumstances were different, maybe I would get back with my ex but the reality is I have a man that loves me. I have a man that wants to provide for me and wants me to succeed even more than I do sometimes and right now that is what I need. Our relationship has its problems just all relationships do and only time will tell if we last but I gotta let time be the deciding factor. People change with life experiences and people respond differently to the same situation. The person I feel I want today might not be what I need 3-5 years from now so I am not going to act like this is some magical fairytale and say that we are going to live happily ever after. Shoot, we were this close to breaking up this year:lol: so who knows. What I am trying to say is that today is today, you have to live in the present. If you always live in the past, you can't prepare for your future.

^^ Well, I am glad that you got closure and a better perspective on things. :)

I was just kidding about telling on you...halfway

Wow..........that was deep. You have a very mature outlook on the situation. :yep:

I'm a big fan of closure (maybe overly so at times) so I'm glad you guys were able to sit down and talk.

Okay ladies, he just left. We walked around and talked for awhile and got a quick bite to eat.

First let me say that He looked SOOOOO GOOD!:lick: He really has been working out, he is so skinny so it takes a lot to keep on weight.

As far as what we talked about, I do feel better about our past. When we first started talking, I was only 17 so many things that happened between us, I can now look back see more of the mistakes I made. We have resolved alot of our issues and let the past be the past. We went through alot together so there is a level of comfort and familarity between us now that I do enjoy. We have always joked that we were the right people at the wrong time and I do think that is true in many ways. We both needed to grow up. I see that many of the issues that I had with him have seemed to get better in terms of his attitude but that arrogance that I love :love: and hate:wallbash: is still there. It seems that he will be here for a while, many another 5-6 years. Our long term goals and ideal family life still are and have been the same which is one reason why I liked him so much. We were raised in the same style and our familys are almost exactly alike. It really felt good to see that he has grown up because I feel like I had something to do with it. I know he had something to do with me accepting and working on things that were not great about me.

I do have to admit that I miss him too and today let me know just how much we used to have fun sometimes. I think our relationship serves as a marker of just how far we have both come when we look back on the things that had happened. As far as his feelings about me are concerned....:look: I can't lie and say that I feel nothing, because I do. I loved this man so hard that it hurt. I can't even describe it.

With all of that being said, as soon as he left, the only thing I could think about was my current SO and how much I appreciate him being in my life now. He loves me the way I loved my ex, and I since I have been in that position, I know just how deep that is and I am not willing to throw that away for another shot with my ex. If circumstances were different, maybe I would get back with my ex but the reality is I have a man that loves me. I have a man that wants to provide for me and wants me to succeed even more than I do sometimes and right now that is what I need. Our relationship has its problems just all relationships do and only time will tell if we last but I gotta let time be the deciding factor. People change with life experiences and people respond differently to the same situation. The person I feel I want today might not be what I need 3-5 years from now so I am not going to act like this is some magical fairytale and say that we are going to live happily ever after. Shoot, we were this close to breaking up this year:lol: so who knows. What I am trying to say is that today is today, you have to live in the present. If you always live in the past, you can't prepare for your future.

But do you love him?

You have no idea how much I needed to read this right now. Especially the last part. God is amazing. Thank you.

But do you love him?

I do but I do know that he loves me differently than I love him. With my ex, it was a rollercoaster ride. I was crazy in love......couldn't eat, couldn't sleep, couldn't focus on anything else and I don't think I want to be like that again. It was a rollercoaster ride, full of peaks and valleys but after riding it for so long, it got old and I was so physically and emotionally exhausted, I didn't think I could make it when it was over. Now, I don't think I want to be like that again.

You remind me of ME :grin:! You do have a lot of insight and you have matured; however, speaking from experience, the love that you shared with your ex will never die and believe me, you may not be aware of it but if you continue being really good friends with your ex, those feelings will intensify and you will become very confused. Stay focused with the relationship with your SO and limit contact with your ex as much as possible. I've learned that love is some serious stuff and it can take over you mind in no time at all. PM me if you need to talk :yep:.

Back